91 Octane Mogas North Of Dallas?

jnmeade

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Jim Meade
Does anyone know of an airport wtih 91 octane mogas on the north side of Dallas? I've seen a report that Winnsboro F51 has it. Any others that you know of?
TIA

Nope, I've looked. Winnsboro is it.

I have been told of a place in Gainesville that has it, but not verified.

Dallas, Tarrant and adjoining counties have a bit of a raw deal going on for us motorists who live and have our cars registered there. We got stuffed into some environmental classification that requires emissions testing and E10 gasoline.

So to find ethanol free mogas, we need to look in counties outside of this group.

(Btw, Houston Austin, and San Antonio also got stuffed I to same category)

According to pure-gas there are two places on the street in Gainseville that have ethanol free and two in Greenville.

And there's a place in Keller that has VP racing gas...94, 110, 112. I'm sure that stuff is a pretty penny!

I have been told of a place in Gainesville that has it, but not verified.

Dallas, Tarrant and adjoining counties have a bit of a raw deal going on for us motorists who live and have our cars registered there. We got stuffed into some environmental classification that requires emissions testing and E10 gasoline.

So to find ethanol free mogas, we need to look in counties outside of this group.

(Btw, Houston Austin, and San Antonio also got stuffed I to same category)

He didn't ask for Ethanol free mogas. He wanted 91 octane. I use 91 E10 in my aircraft.

He didn't ask for Ethanol free mogas. He wanted 91 octane. I use 91 E10 in my aircraft.

But he did ask about 91 octane being sold at an airport. I doubt seriously you'll find any airport selling ethanolized fuel due to the huge liability it would impose. The only time I've ever seen it at an airport is temporarily during a LSA show or fly-in event...like Mt. Vernon, IL is having next month.

It's great that you get to burn it, wish I could, but 95% of use out here can't so it's a pretty safe assumption that he was asking about ethanol free fuel...but maybe not!

But he did ask about 91 octane being sold at an airport. I doubt seriously you'll find any airport selling ethanolized fuel due to the huge liability it would impose. The only time I've ever seen it at an airport is temporarily during a LSA show or fly-in event...like Mt. Vernon, IL is having next month.

It's great that you get to burn it, wish I could, but 95% of use out here can't so it's a pretty safe assumption that he was asking about ethanol free fuel...but maybe not!

Dunno. And I agree its a drag all of us can't use 91E10....just imagine the cost savings. BTW. the real reason you don't see autogas on airfield is no demand...only a few of us can burn it, and fueling cars on an airfield would probably be frowned upon by the fields.

I heard the FAA got ticked when they found out truckers were fueling up on Jet-A when diesel spiked during the last few gas crises.

Back