787/Boeing Corn Mazes

They are expecting 30,000 visitors to go through the maze this year. It was planted using gps, not cut into this pattern....

Beware: that site tried to install an exe file on my computer.

I've never had to remove spyware or a virus from a Mac. I've removed much from PC's. Because of that people that always got it on their PC really would be better off on a mac.

I used to have to remote my dad's windows machine and fix spyware issues a few times a year. He finally decided to buy a mac and I've never had to mess with it again.

Could it become a problem someday? Sure. But it's not now. So enjoy it.

Keeping my fingers crossed but so far my iMac is problem free. It's 4 years old

I used to have to remote my dad's windows machine and fix spyware issues a few times a year. He finally decided to buy a mac and I've never had to mess with it again.

Shhhhh....don't tell people that or they'll switch and when the Mac gets to be more than single-digit market share the target on your back will grow! The worst thing a Mac user can do is try to get more switchers!

(written on my Flash-challenged iPad)

Sorry to report that Mac has been in double-digit market-share for some time now, and is a popular target at today's security conventions.

What saves it more than anything is Unix conventions of separation of superuser and regular user privs, etc.

But recent OSX Lion hacks where the idiots at Apple cache the password file (attackable via FireWire which has direct RAM access) and allowing any user to read the shadow file (somewhat debated - only in certain login states) including the Guest User, are showing a lot of bad design/thinking on the part of non-Unix trained developers.

Highly recommended to turn off Fast User Switching and never enable the Guest user account on Lion at this point.

Sorry to report that Mac has been in double-digit market-share for some time now, and is a popular target at today's security conventions.

What saves it more than anything is Unix conventions of separation of superuser and regular user privs, etc.

But recent OSX Lion hacks where the idiots at Apple cache the password file (attackable via FireWire which has direct RAM access) and allowing any user to read the shadow file (somewhat debated - only in certain login states) including the Guest User, are showing a lot of bad design/thinking on the part of non-Unix trained developers.

Highly recommended to turn off Fast User Switching and never enable the Guest user account on Lion at this point.
Oh I agree that OSX isn't bulletproof. But the likelyhood of you getting a virus or spyware is still much much less. I've never had to deal with removing anything like that on a Mac - but for quite awhile I made a living doing it on the PC.

They are expecting 30,000 visitors to go through the maze this year. It was planted using gps, not cut into this pattern....

Dunno if they use GPS, but the corn mazes 'round hear are planted - you can see them growing over the summer.

They are interesting from the air, but it's hard to tell what they really look like from inside.

It pays to be a pilot, eh?

Back