76 c-150 M battery g-25 or g-25s

bobkiksass

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
bobkiksass
Hi, I am trying to replace the battery in my cessna 150 m 1976. I ordered a gill g-25 battery but was just looking at aircraft spruce and realized that the g-25s (sealed version) is recommended for my c-150 m. I see they are the same size.

I was about to fill the g-25 and charge it but now am wondering, Will the g-25 work as well as the g-25s? or should I call aircraft spruce to exchange before going to the effort of filling the cells and charging it ?

Thanks

Hi, I am trying to replace the battery in my cessna 150 m 1976. I ordered a gill g-25 battery but was just looking at aircraft spruce and realized that the g-25s (sealed version) is recommended for my c-150 m. I see they are the same size.

I was about to fill the g-25 and charge it but now am wondering, Will the g-25 work as well as the g-25s? or should I call aircraft spruce to exchange before going to the effort of filling the cells and charging it ?

Thanks
I'll only put a sealed battery in from now on. Flooded cell batteries inevitably cause corrosion and replacing the battery box is silly expensive. Concorde is the way to go. The Gill flooded cell battery is fine as far as flooded cell batteries go. The sealed Gill doesn't have a lot of fans.

The Gill 25 has been doing the job for many years.

I get 4-5 years usage in normal service.

Get a Concorde.

The bitterness of poor quality lasts far longer than the sweetness of low price.

Besides, non-sealed batteries cost far more when they make a mess

You need all the useful load you can get. Switch to an odyssey.

My Odyssey is less expensive than the Gill equivalent, weighs less, lasts longer, isn't affected by cold, and doesn't require any maintenance including charge maintenance. Odyssey batteries are superior to any other batteries I've ever used. You should try one. You'll never go back.

I'll only put a sealed battery in from now on. Flooded cell batteries inevitably cause corrosion and replacing the battery box is silly expensive. Concorde is the way to go. The Gill flooded cell battery is fine as far as flooded cell batteries go. The sealed Gill doesn't have a lot of fans.

Wait, there are sealed, flooded cell, batteries, they are the ones that die quickly because you can't add the required make up water. What you are talking about is either an AGM or Gell Cell battery which are leak proof. The sealed flooded cell is not leak proof and has all the potential corrosion issues of a capped flooded cell. If you are going to have a flooded cell, you want caps on it so you can add the makeup water.

Back