Points1 says:

Thanks for all your comments !

This picture was taken in the weekend that airtraffic at Amsterdam airport suffered many delays. The reasons were technical problems in the Air-Traffic-Control system and weather.

When I went to the airport I hoped to make photo’s of weird looking cross-wind landings on runway 06 and sun-lighted aircraft in front of dark skies. I got what I wanted.

Before going home I paid a “visit” to runway 36L. At the “ijweg”road. I knew when using enough tele-mm’s this place can result in interesting pictures. Although I was “disappointed” about the position of the sun I gave it a try. I prepared a fast shutter speed using iso 400.

Fortunately a 747 was taking off. The rotation point was early, and the runway was still wet.

I like the result. But never expected to reach the most-interesting-of -7-days and I realize it may take a long time to make another shot like this one.

I put the photographers-place on the flick-map. And a little secret revealed: the horizontal distance between the fence and the 747-wing is 145 meters.
Posted 25 months ago. ( permalink )

real or ?
Purportedly >1yr ago but I don't recall it
http://www.flickr.com/photos/47874803@N00/1966090559/sizes/o/
click "back" to see comments

Back