737 becomes ASEL during takeoff

Can't feather a turbine...so I guess that's the next best way to reduce drag...

I particularly like this bit:

A passenger told Radio 702 he saw the engine fall off and that the pilot took 10 minutes to announce there was a problem.

What a schmuck that pilot is...I can't imagine he had anything else to do other than screw around with the PA.

We were joking about this one at work today...

"Confirm left engine has failed and autofeathered."

"No cap, it's separated from the airplane!"

"Memory items!"

"Ladies and gentlemen, from the flight deck: for those of you on the left side of he aircraft, you may have noticed our new cost saving measures here, which means you're now seated on the quiet side of the aircraft..."

We were joking about this one at work today...

"Confirm left engine has failed and autofeathered."

"No cap, it's separated from the airplane!"

"Memory items!"

"Ladies and gentlemen, from the flight deck: for those of you on the left side of he aircraft, you may have noticed our new cost saving measures here, which means you're now seated on the quiet side of the aircraft..."
:rofl:

:rofl: as always - thank you fly flying with us.

Anyone who has spent a lot of time on airliners knows that the announcement from the flight deck would NOT sound like that. I would be preceded by "Ummmmmmmmm...."

Last edited:
Anyone who has spent a lot of time on airliners knows that the announcement from the flight deck would NOT sound like that. I would be preceded by "Ummmmmmmmm...."
Clearly, you have not flown on one of Matt's flights. After reading many of his posts on this board, that's just about exactly what I'd expect him to announce! :D

Clearly, you have not flown on one of Matt's flights. After reading many of his posts on this board, that's just about exactly what I'd expect him to announce! :D

"Does this mean I get a 50% refund?"

"Uuuummmm... those on the left side can see our cost-saving measures... uuuuummmm... thank you for flying with us... uuuummmm... we hope you enjoyed flying with us as much as we enjoyed taking you for a ride..."

Back