$7000 Affordaplane less-than-ultralight

Does it come with an ACME batsuit too?

Funny - I have a friend that emailed me a while ago about this. Tell me this is the right attitude for a pilot. :rolleyes:

Friend said:
i thought you might be interested to know that me and a couple of the guys i hang out with here are purchasing plans for and attempting to build a plane
and what kind of plane you ask
something i found on the net called an affordaplane
yes nothing like good marketing to inspire trust in the aircraft.......its name alone carries with it an air or regality yes yes i will soon be polluting the skies you so safely fly in with my bold disregard for human life and safety watch out ****ers here i come
oh you should look it up man its cool

Nick, I expect that this particular attitude, in combination with this type of airplane, will be quickly "self-correcting". Of course, that's not so great for your friend, and I'm sorry about that. . .

I believe in the whole homebuilt concept and don't see a problem with them - but I'm probably too chicken for the whole "lawnchair on a stick" type of airplane! :eek:

smigaldi said:
I'll stick to stuff made by people my survivors can sue if it breaks :D;):D
If your plane is older than 18 years, nobody is suing anybody who made that thing. ;)

infotango said:
If your plane is older than 18 years, nobody is suing anybody who made that thing. ;)
That is why you keep putting new stuff on it, so you can sue those guys. For instance I am putting on a new sky-tec starter this weekend. If I were to say have an vacuum failure in IMC and auger on in my survivors will go after Sky-Tec!! I also keep a cup of McDonalds cofee in the cockpit too! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You just should always be prepared!

I was at Accomack Co Airport doing an angel flight and about 12 of this type plane flew in. Looking at the plane and some of the men that came out of them I would say it can carry more then it's weight.

smigaldi said:
That is why you keep putting new stuff on it, so you can sue those guys. For instance I am putting on a new sky-tec starter this weekend. If I were to say have an vacuum failure in IMC and auger on in my survivors will go after Sky-Tec!! I also keep a cup of McDonalds cofee in the cockpit too! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You just should always be prepared!

Always keep a spare Parker-Hannifin vacuum pump to throw into the fire, even if you have an all-electric plane. It's evidently easy to find a lawyer who will sue them.

mikea said:
http://www.affordaplane.com/

Not me. It wouldn't get off the ground with me in it anyway.

Heh... I know why it's so cheap:

Affordaplane web site said:
509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.affordaplane.com Port 80

They don't pay their bills! :D

Back