7 Place intercom?

azpilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
azpilot
I am married with five children. When I first started flight training, I had dreams of getting a seven seat Cherokee Six with the seven seat passenger configuration so I could take my wife and kids on family trips. I didn't know where I was going to take my whole family, but we were going to go there in an airplane. My head was up in the clouds and I had a dream.

Anyways, I am not sure if I'll ever get to the point I can own a plane, but if I did, I would want it to have an intercom slot for every person. I don't really have a good understanding of how plane intercom systems work. What do you do in a six (or seven) passenger airplane when there is only a four place intercom? How does that work? Do the people in the back just wear ear plugs? Can you pipe in an extra headset somehow?

Use a splitter ar one of the stations? And how how frequently is the entire clan in the aircraft at the same time? If rarely, then the 6-place designs will do you fine.

# of intercom positions vary plane by plane...a 6 seater may not have 6 intercom positions...but you would simply need something like this if you need additional positions:

https://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/transcom-ii-intercom-two-way.html

https://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/transcom-ii-intercom-four-way.html

9030_4.jpg

Use a splitter ar one of the stations? And how how frequently is the entire clan in the aircraft at the same time? If rarely, then the 6-place designs will do you fine.

Ya, I'm sure the six seat intercom would be fine. In fact, if a cross country flight with the whole family was anything like it is with all of crammed in the Chevy Tahoe, I would likely have the 'pilot isolate' engaged most of the time.

Ya, I'm sure the six seat intercom would be fine. In fact, if a cross country flight with the whole family was anything like it is with all of crammed in the Chevy Tahoe, I would likely have the 'pilot isolate' engaged most of the time.
:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

The only time i flew with my kids in the plane, ISO was on the whole time.

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

The only time i flew with my kids in the plane, ISO was on the whole time.

I am taking my sister and her two boys flying in a couple of weeks. We are going to be dodging bravo and navigating around some tricky airspace. I'm sure the iso button will come in handy.

Hint.... The PMA450 has settings that will split the intercom so front and rear seats are on their on internal channels, Aaaand allow the back skaters to have their own music input.

PS Engineering makes intercoms with expansion modules to accomplish that which you need.

I am taking my sister and her two boys flying in a couple of weeks. We are going to be dodging bravo and navigating around some tricky airspace. I'm sure the iso button will come in handy.

Yeah, was the same for me.. Flying from CRQ back to MYF in lowish ceilings and gusty winds.

Back