6Y9 News Article

Congratulations Ed, :cheerswine: :cheerswine:

I can only imagine all the hard work you put into this effort. It's efforts like this that change people's misconceptions about GA. For that we, GA pilots, are grateful. I'm happy for you and all those cool guys and gals that made the trip. I hope I can make it next year. :yes:

Godspeed!

Gil

I can only imagine all the hard work you put into this effort. It's efforts like this that change people's misconceptions about GA. For that we, GA pilots, are grateful.
I'll second that. Thanks, Ed, Brad, and Diz.

And if you look at that link now and click on the little video camera, you can see the actual video that we got. Total of a minute and a half of air time. It looks to me like she was trying to get as much in there as possible with the various cuts. She said she was there for longer than she'd planned, which to me is a good sign.

Hopefully we'll be able to get a DVD or something of this. :)

nice video there. good work ted and ed.

I'm really pleased with what they did. It's actually really pro-GA, and the exact opposite of what we've become used to seeing and hearing from the media.

Interesting side note: when we landed after I took Natalie up flying, her smile was ear-to-ear. Right after that was when she took the video where she says she's about to go for a plane ride. The enthusiasm there is genuine - she really enjoyed it. Hopefully this will generate some more converts! :yes:

The direct video link is:

http://www.wluctv6.com/news/video.aspx?id=183298

yea ted i was over at my tent when she was recording the intro and she was still totally pumped from the flight, i asked and she was totally thrilled. ya done good.

Thanks, Gil, I thought I looked like crap and didn't speak much better. :)

What was important, though, was that Natalie thought otherwise. I really try to make sure that when I take someone up, that they come away with a positive view of GA and wanting to get more involved, whatever it requires in order to provide that. Apparently I succeeded. Now let's see if we can't convince her to come next year and stay a little longer. ;)

I'm really pleased with what they did. It's actually really pro-GA, and the exact opposite of what we've become used to seeing and hearing from the media.

Interesting side note: when we landed after I took Natalie up flying, her smile was ear-to-ear. Right after that was when she took the video where she says she's about to go for a plane ride. The enthusiasm there is genuine - she really enjoyed it. Hopefully this will generate some more converts! :yes:

The direct video link is:

http://www.wluctv6.com/news/video.aspx?id=183298

No workee for me with Firefox.

Worked for me with FF 3.0.1

Sigh. I loaded in Safari and that works fine. I may have the flash options down tight. I even disabled NoScript and Adblock. :dunno:

Anyway, I agree. Good job Ted!

I noticed on the website that they've now got some still pictures as well, but for some reason it's not loading anything for me past the first one. Anyone able to get any better?

I just noted the pictures this morning. When I get home I'll try it on my Mac, see if it works better on that.

Thanks! :)

No workee for me with Firefox.

Works for me using FF 3.0.1

Nice story all, wish I had the chance to be there. Maybe next year. Last year I came and everyone else (except Ed's mom) had already left.

-lance

So did Diz ever get the DVD? I never heard back from the reporter girl, I want my copy! :)

Ted- Yes, I did get it and Ed is working on it. Will make sure you get a copy!

Back