6Y9 fly-in activities.

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Researchers will visit Michigan's Upper Peninsula next month to search for evidence of the legendary creature known as "Bigfoot" or "Sasquatch."The expedition will focus on eastern Marquette County, said Matthew Moneymaker of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization.
"We'll be looking for evidence supporting a presence. ... We hope to meet local people who might have seen a Sasquatch or heard of someone else who had an encounter," Moneymaker told the Daily Press of Escanaba.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/27/bigfoot.ap/index.html

This is not too far form 6Y9, can we have a bigfoot hunt??

i say one of us gets a gorilla suit and starts wandering around in the woods.

yea you should Missa, you never know what you'll see.

this reminds me of the stories about the guy flying the jet in a gorilla suit at Edwards (Muroc) in the early 40s. too bad theres no pictures of it.

When I lived up there, there were people who said they saw bigfoot tracks in the Sturgeon Gorge Wilderness area. If you look on a sectional you can see it is just NE of the field. I never saw anything myself.

Hmmm, do previously documented sightings coincide with Ed's visits?:D

No, it's still funny unless you're the guy in the suit. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My daughter asked why I was laughing, so I read her this thread (up to this last comment from Missa). She said, "It's funny til someone gets hurt... then it's HILARIOUS!"

http://yarchive.net/mil/jet_gorilla.html

Jack Woolams, the Bell test pilot, was assigned to Muroc to flight test the P-59. Some P-38 pilots were also stationed at Muroc at the other end of the field. They were quite curious about the secret project and the civvie pilots. Contrary to regulations, pilots talk, especially to other pilots, especially at bars, and soon the Bell pilots knocking back a few at a Rosamond watering hole were boasting that they were testing an airplane that could fly without a propeller. The army flyboys maintained that such a thing was impossible and that the Bell pilots were a bunch of liars.

Jack Woolams made a trip into Hollywood, visited a costume supply house and rented a gorilla suit. One day he took off in the P-59 dressed in his gorilla suit and sought out a lone P-38. He pulled alongside the P-38 and waved. So the army pilot saw not only an airplane without a propeller flying along just as nice as you please, but also one being flown by a gorilla!

That evening at the Rosamond watering hole, Woolams asked the gathered army pilots if they'd heard that a gorilla had escaped from a nearby traveling circus and was seen near Muroc. A couple of the army pilots looked at each other, but all denied knowing anything about a gorilla. And they also stopped calling the civilian pilots liars.

As Woolams said, "Fun is always better than a fight."

yea you should Missa, you never know what you'll see.

this reminds me of the stories about the guy flying the jet in a gorilla suit at Edwards (Muroc) in the early 40s. too bad theres no pictures of it.

My daughter asked why I was laughing, so I read her this thread (up to this last comment from Missa). She said, "It's funny til someone gets hurt... then it's HILARIOUS!"

Well known expression:

Time + Tragedy = comedy

Back