I love my motocycle :) :)

Attachments

• 250ninja.jpg
    250ninja.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 41
  • AMY_Powerpuff_bike.jpg
    AMY_Powerpuff_bike.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 77
Dad was telling me his old Gold Wing got something like 80. Eamon if you get that bike on the right, I think the savings in gas would be offset in other things! Go for the green one!

tonycondon said:
Dad was telling me his old Gold Wing got something like 80. Eamon if you get that bike on the right, I think the savings in gas would be offset in other things! Go for the green one!

Unless the right one is a combo deal... Hmm.. difficult decisions.

tonycondon said:
Dad was telling me his old Gold Wing got something like 80.
50 mpg. MAYBE..

Frank Browne said:
The Big Green Machine! Kawasaki Rules!!

Opinions vary. I never liked the Ninja's. This is coming from a Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic driver. My love is still crotch rockets, I just don't own one right now. Had to get something slower for a while so I could grow up. Back in 1996ish I was trying to cleanse myself of the gene pool with a crotch rocket. If I find someone to buy my bike, I have thought about going back to the dark side. I am just glad you ride a bike...

Brent Bradford said:
Opinions vary. I never liked the Ninja's. This is coming from a Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic driver. My love is still crotch rockets, I just don't own one right now. Had to get something slower for a while so I could grow up. Back in 1996ish I was trying to cleanse myself of the gene pool with a crotch rocket. If I find someone to buy my bike, I have thought about going back to the dark side. I am just glad you ride a bike...

My brother had a 900 Ninja that was a handful. Very fast, but you definitely had to be on the ball driving it. My first street bike was a '77 KZ1000. It was the first year Kawasaki made the 1000cc version of the old 900 "Gorilla". I loved that motorcycle. Sold it to my brother who drove it for a few years after me. He sold it to get the Ninja.

Frank Browne said:
My brother had a 900 Ninja that was a handful.

That is why I am not a fan of them. I think some of the other manufactures have better handling characteristics. However, like I said before opinions vary. :)

Greebo said:
Was there a motorcycle in that right pic? ;)

Motorcycle and a Squid. Can you say severe roadrash candidate?

ATGATT (all the gear all the time)

I'm currently getting 56mpg on my CB650 after the major return to service annual and carburetor rebuild before adjustments. I'll get 57-60mpg after tuning the carbs and valve adjustment. Take the full height windscreen off and it's something like 65-70mpg as long as I keep the speed sensible and stay off the throttle. (now if I could eliminate the 4 hours driving the jeep to fetch/return the motorcycle to super secret anti-hooligan storage)

Last edited:
Greebo said:

Squid is generally some dumbass that buys a motorcycle for the image. Doesn't wear any gear. Really has no idea how to ride. Often seen going way too fast for their skill level.

Your typical squid would be a guy on a Honda CBR600RR (crotch rocket) with no shirt, shorts, flip flops, and a "no fear" hat on backwards.

Oh and the thing I like best about the bike (Mine is the green one) is it doesn't say the motor size anywhere on the outside :)

I have a 1980 GS1000, but I drive the Ninja 250 because it is good on gas. I weigh 220lbs & it still out accelarates 90% of the cars out there & tops 100mph no problem.

Another good thing is the 250s are cheap. I got a 2003 with 2100 miles on it for $1200

I have ordered new gears for it. Stock it has 14 teeth up front & 45 in the back.
I ordered 15 & 42 to see how much better the MPGs will be. I might leave the 45 in the back, but I need at least the 15 up front to lower the RPMs at 65mpg which are now 8000rpm.

Maybe I can get 70-75mpg? :dunno:

By the way, there is NO WAY a goldwing gets 80MPG. If there were even close I would have bought one. I am thinking 30-40mpg.

I think the pink one comes with the mail order bride for $6500, both used :)

jangell said:
Squid is generally some dumbass that buys a motorcycle for the image. Doesn't wear any gear. Really has no idea how to ride. Often seen going way too fast for their skill level.

Your typical squid would be a guy on a Honda CBR600RR (crotch rocket) with no shirt, shorts, flip flops, and a "no fear" hat on backwards.

Change 'hat' with 'baseball cap' then add lifting the front wheel as they jump off the line at every redlight the instant it turns green without checking for cross traffic.

SQUID = Stupid, QUick, and Inevitably Dead

Suzuki Boulevard, 49mpg so far, but it's still just getting broken in. The $12 I've been spending on gas every week beats the heck out of the $60 I was putting into my truck.:yes: Oh yeah, don't forget the fun factor. No phones, no radio, and I don't mnd one bit.

Ahhh, well, I really don't think that SQUID had driving that bike on her mind...

I mean she couldn't bloody reach the handlebars.

Nice eye candy tho. I mean I really had to LOOK for the bike...

Back