62 year old with no savings?!

Have you ever been hungry or slept out in the street with a broken back. I have done both. I prefer a country where one can live and get sick and not go broke. Where if you loose your job due to health issues your insurance does not terminate. One where if you are ill you do not have to fight for SS Disability for 7 years and no health care in those seven years. I prefer to live in a country that cares for its citizens even if they are ill. One where if you do not have insurance or the correct insurance you do not have to wait over a year to get this coverage before any doctor will see you and all your doing is getting worse.

Once you become broke the health care system and everyone else will turn thier back on you. Family will get tired of hearing about it.

If I had my way I would want unlimited funds. No need to worry. But how many have that?

Our health should not be for profit. Conflict of interests.

Tony

So you didn't have your own disability policy, and didn't seek out Medicaid? Seems like poor planning, not because some doctors actually have the gall to ask to get paid for their services.

So you didn't have your own disability policy, and didn't seek out Medicaid? Seems like poor planning, not because some doctors actually have the gall to ask to get paid for their services.

I did not qualify for medicaid. You are correct I did not have a disability policy.

You are right its all my fault I ended up ill and no coverage. I believed carrying health insurance that I was covered. Like I said our health care should not be for profit. Now if you take that as saying doctors don't deserve to be paid, well, you do not understand Not-for-Profit. A lot of people work at places that are not for profit. Do you believe they volunteer for these positions?

My mother retired from a Not-for-profit. Her boss made a few hundred grand every year at this not-for-profit. The other employees that worked with her all made a good living. No one did anything for free.

I believe you know how a not-for-profit works, you just don't like the idea. Takes away all the profits from health care. How dare anyone mention this. Maybe these profits could go to other things, like fighting diseases. Now lets here about how much money is spent to fight disease. Just imagine if we took some of these profits and fought a little harder.

But what do I know. I know our health system is broken and one day you will find this out yourself. For karma is a bitc#.

Tony

You are correct I did not have a disability policy.

Even that is no panacea. Read your disability policy, many will cover you at 60% of your former salary for only X number of years. After that, if you're employable AT ALL (not just your former field), you get booted.

In other words, if you can sit in a wheelchair and be a greeter at Walmart, you're employable. Goodbye DA payments.

When I entered the military I was promised free health care for life, and I paid the price, yet now I set in the local ER with the society's derricks, and am required to use Medicare.

Your Government will lie to you, and then cheat you.

What amazes me is how aviation discussions here will garner a mere hand full of responses but ludicrous topics like this will run over 200.

It's worse than facebook.

Flying is boring compared with telling everyone else how you live better than them. I'm glowing with smugness.

What amazes me is how aviation discussions here will garner a mere hand full of responses but ludicrous topics like this will run over 200.

It's worse than facebook.

Yet you can't resist looking.....

Yet you can't resist looking.....

Nope, not really, hadn't read a post since page one...rather was simply amazed at the post count, not the content thereof...I can only imagine...going on ignore now.

Ones health or lack of should not make a family go broke and become homeless. But it happens all the time in America.

Amen to that. We need a tax-funded public option.

Survival of the fittest and all that. Right?

Hey I'm l for skciizin medicine but the pay in has to be adjusted by body mass index, smoking, recreational drug and alcohol consumption.

Back