61 for sale at auction.

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Thought you folks that are looking for a nice family flyer and tail dragger would like to know that this is going at auction.

http://www.nwauctionservices.com/040409 Friedrich.htm

I will help any POAer get this home and annualed at my cost, (I won't charge labor)

it should sell cheap.

Will it have a reserve?

looks like i need to be there in person, too bad.

just curious how cheap is cheap?

I think this is a sign, Tony.

I hate to say it, but this plane has your name written all over it. :rofl::rofl:

attachment.php

Attachments

• scan001002.jpg
    scan001002.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 218
Hey, send Tom a Power of Attorney and an LOC for $15k- maybe you'll get it for cheap-ass-cheap.

Is that an original throttle quadrant? I think not.

Any way of finding out details on it short of calling them?

not an original engine either greg. according to wikipedia, the UC-61 only came with rangers and warners.

The 27 Model-T is interesting too but I'm too old to drive it cross country. Backiing up the hills will be a pain.

not an original engine either greg. according to wikipedia, the UC-61 only came with rangers and warners.

I wasn't going to bring that up. That engine will go on my plane. :rofl:

I think.

I owned a ranger powered 24 for awhile.

I am just *so* seeing Tony in this plane...

when does the Cutler Savings and Loan open?

john i havent heard anything about an age limit. the only limit ive seen is from banks who have a minimum dollar amount for financing, usually somewhere between 20 and 30K.

The 27 Model-T is interesting too but I'm too old to drive it cross country. Backiing up the hills will be a pain.

That is what trailers are for, but the "T" will climb a pretty good hill with out the oil running out the rear main. my sister and spouse drove their "T" from NY to WA with no problems, it took 7 days but a bunch of fun.

yur only as old as you think you are.

cross country in a model T that would be a hell of a trip.

my great grandpa had a model T as his first car. he said it wasnt very reliable. not like there was much choice in the matter anyway.

I still have a 1916 Model T touring car and a 1926 Model T pickup. I inherited them from my grandfather. They are currently for sale as I have realized I much prefer spending my time working on my sailplane than I do working on Model T's. They are a lot of fun to drive though.

Brian

Attachments

• IMG_0548Small.jpg
    IMG_0548Small.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0607Small.jpg
    IMG_0607Small.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 8
I have family in Wenatchee, and at least one board member here is based in Cashmere. If somebody wants to put a bid on this, we can get a human there to bid by proxy for you.

I have family in Wenatchee, and at least one board member here is based in Cashmere. If somebody wants to put a bid on this, we can get a human there to bid by proxy for you.

I'm going over for the sale, and would do that for anyone who gives me a proxy authorization.

Man, how much better can it get?

The World's Best Fairchild Wrench Turner and Fabric Shrinker, right there to represent for you.

Tony, the angels are sining on high... sell your body for a few nights...

As I understand from the bidder at the auction, the bidiing started at $60k, min exceptabe bid, and no one bid.

actual value is less than half that.

aircraft last annual 2000. last flown 2001.
Aircraft needs battery, tires, tubes, elt, radios. and all the other wake up things that might occure.

Last edited:
As I understand from the bidder at the auction, the bidiing started at $60k, min exceptabe bid, and no one bid.

actual value is less than half that.

aircraft last annual 2000. last flown 2001.
Aircraft needs battery, tires, tubes, elt, radios. and all the other wake up things that might occure.

Seriously, a radial-engined classic like that is only worth $30k???

I'll take two for that price!

Trapper John

Would you spend $60K on an airplane that hasn't flown in 8 years? Aside from the stuff Tom noted (which could cost $3K or so if you went with cheap avionics), there's no telling what else would need work, and that has the potential to turn into a real money sink.

It might be worth $60K in top notch flying condition. That airplane might be. It probably isn't.

I'll take two for that price!

Trapper John

The ones that are selling are selling in the 30-40K range, the last one I saw move was a F-24-W-41 with a 165 Warner on it and it was a really nice resent resstoration and it went away at $32,5k sold on E-Bay.

The ones on Barnstormers have been there a year or more and don't sell.

This aircraft as reported to me (I didn't go to the sale, we got a new grand kid that day) needed new trires, tubes, radios, and some engine work to get it awake and running again. It was a restoration that was completed in early 2000 and flown very little after that. but was kept in a hangar. I expected it to sell some where around $30K but the family was told by there mechanic that it was worth around $80K. Oh Well.. they gotta do their home work.

Would you spend $60K on an airplane that hasn't flown in 8 years?

I would if it were the right one..

Aside from the stuff Tom noted (which could cost $3K or so if you went with cheap avionics),

Who would load a antique down with a bunch of radios?

there's no telling what else would need work, and that has the potential to turn into a real money sink.

I doubt this one would, they don't rot like a spam can.

It might be worth $60K in top notch flying condition. That airplane might be. It probably isn't.

It will need some waking up, but it isn't all that much.

Who would load a antique down with a bunch of radios?
Not me, but even a single COM radio (say, an Icom IC-A210), a good transponder that doesn't draw a lot of power with altitude encoder (like, say, a Garmin GTX-327), and a 4-place intercom with headsets (the absolute minimum I'd put in a 4-place airplane) will set you back $3K.

Now, if I didn't care so much about the antique nature of the airplane, I'd stuff a 430W in there, but then we're talking real money.

Back