60 second rule?

sierra

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
sierra
Hey, I've got a question.

some of us type 90wpm.

okay so maybe it is 25% error prone, but why do i have to wait sixty long long long long seconds to answer private email? Isn't say, 15 seconds long enough? you guys are computer geeks, you know how long sixty seconds is ....

s----yeah i know impatient---

sierra said:
Hey, I've got a question.

some of us type 90wpm.

okay so maybe it is 25% error prone, but why do i have to wait sixty long long long long seconds to answer private email? Isn't say, 15 seconds long enough? you guys are computer geeks, you know how long sixty seconds is ....

s----yeah i know impatient---
I don't follow - when do you have to wait 60 seconds to respond to private email? Certainly not in Outlook or Outlook Express.

No webmail program I've seen has required this either. Is this on the forum somewhere?

Ok - just testing with the forum, I found what you mean.

My guess is that it keeps people from spamming the Private Messages with adds or whatnot.

It's frustrating to have to wait 60 seconds, but the alternative would be for some schmo to register and send everyone one of the "4 Inch" alternatives.

And then there is the 5000 character limit.

Some people will never know all the additional words I had to say to them :hairraise:

I have decreased the anti-spam protection by half and doubled the storage size of private messages. :)

Greebo said:
I have decreased the anti-spam protection by half and doubled the storage size of private messages. :)

Thank You.

Greebo said:

I'm guessing that means 30sec? Thank you bunches!
:blowingkisses:

Back