brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
Anybody know what auto transmission fluid type is the same as 5606?

I doubt you'll find one Brien, and if you do - I wouldn't put anything with 'NAPA' on the can into any of your systems. Can you tell us more about what the deal is?

Just curious, I suspect some of the transmission fluids are very close if not the same to 5606.

brien23 said:

*Disclaimer : The following shouldn't be construed as an instruction to use anything other than a properly labeled Mil-Spec 5606 product in your aircraft*

In non aircraft applications, low and behold, Identical pumps and hydraulic devices are used. Typically they are labeled "Use Dexron III, Mil 5606 or other non foaming lightweight hydraulic fluid". That said, depending on the o ring and seal material, some hydraulic fluids will cause swelling of these seals, however, these fluids are typically in high heat applications and have some dissicant in them to deal with water. (automotive brake fluid as an example)

brien23 said:

Brien, go in my hangar there is a white square 5 gal bucket full of Mil-H-83282C under the bench.(south end) the combo is my house numbers.

use what you need, Uncle throws away more than we can use in a life time, every time we change a prop.

Back