4D Trajectory based operations, Cockpitinformation, Technical Universtiy of Darmstadt

v_nguyen

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
v_nguyen
Hello everyone

In my master thesis I'm doing a study on information in the flight deck. In this regard, I am conducting research that looks into the additional information that is needed to execute a flight in the context of SESAR and its main goal to change from aircraft routing to trajectory based operations. This study is being conducted by the Institute of Flight Systems and Automatic Control at the Technical University of Darmstadt in Germany.

By participating in this study you would get further information about trajectory based operations. Furthermore you would contribute to the implementation concepts concerning the information in flight decks, so that the results would be more to the pilots' liking and taste.

All research will be used for academic purposes only and all respondents will be kept completely anonymous. It will only take you about 10-15 min to finish.

I would be very grateful if you could take the time to fill out this survey!

To fill out the survey, just follow this link:
http://survey-fsr-nguyen.kl-design....ex/sid/983828/token/g25v5pmzeta5xcp/newtest/Y

Should you have any questions just post it below or write me a PM.
smile.gif

Best regards,
Viet-Ha Nguyen

Re: 4D Trajectory based operations, Cockpitinformation, Technical Universtiy of Darms

Some definitions? SESAR? Trajectory based? Audience for the technology or method?

Re: 4D Trajectory based operations, Cockpitinformation, Technical Universtiy of Darms

Some definitions? SESAR? Trajectory based? Audience for the technology or method?

This will tell you about SESAR
https://www.atmmasterplan.eu/

I did some work on this not too long ago to look at data transfer methods for autonomous ground control systems as part of the airport wireless data systems.

How is that different from the US CTAS project, or the European Direct-To routing?

If I were to supervise Diplom work based on an uncontrolled survey, I wouldn't grade higher than a 4, if I signed it at all. Such methodology is a waste of paper.

At the beginning of the survey is an explaination about SESAR and Trajectory based operations. The Audience for this technology are all scheduled flight pilots because they are have to follow it when they fly through Europe.

How is that different from the US CTAS project, or the European Direct-To routing?

If I were to supervise Diplom work based on an uncontrolled survey, I wouldn't grade higher than a 4, if I signed it at all. Such methodology is a waste of paper.

The key point is not what the advantages are to the mentioned operations because SESAR and 4D Trajectory based operations are scheduled for 2013 (Initial 4D)/ 2017 (Full 4D). So the question is how these changes should be implementated.

Back