4A7 - Race weekend NOTAM?

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
I'll be trying to depart 4A7 (Clayton County - Tara Field) either Thurs or Friday of this week. It just so happens that NASCAR has a race across the street from the airport this weekend.

I've searched for any info about a NOTAM for the airport (I *think* they set up a temporary tower for the race), but can't find anything released yet. Anybody been in/out of there before during a race weekend that can give tips on how much of a hassle it will be to deal with?

I can't imagine departing being an issue. Hey, what's your route gonna be? If you come up the east side of the lake, and we can caravan. We might see T-storms on Thursday delaying my departure until Friday.

I *think* that the TFR for the NASCAR event would be under the blanket sporting event TFR that includes MLB and NCAA. 3 miles, 2000 feet from 1 hr before to 1 hr after. IFR or on a Transponder code you should be able to get in/out. no loitering. Just like flying in and out of Ames on game day.

oh you were asking about NOTAM, not TFR.

I can't imagine departing being an issue. Hey, what's your route gonna be? If you come up the east side of the lake, and we can caravan. We might see T-storms on Thursday delaying my departure until Friday.

We're looking at a fuel stop at 50I. That puts the 50I - 6Y9 leg hugging the west shorline. Not sure if we'll go over the top or hug the water yet, though.

oh you were asking about NOTAM, not TFR.

Yeah.. Not really worried about it, just curious about freq's, time of operation, etc. They have a physical 'tower' on-field, which I assume is used on race weekends. For $100 landing fee, you better get some sort of special service. ha.

Back