49 Ship RV Formation Sets World Record

It made an ILS at night to minimums with a 20kt gusting crosswind seem like a cake walk as far as the level of concentration required.

I wasn't aware an ILS to mins in a 20 kt gusting crosswind required exceptional concentration. :dunno: :D

I wasn't aware an ILS to mins in a 20 kt gusting crosswind required exceptional concentration. :dunno: :D

OK.. Add in severe icing on one engine with 4 of the six cylinders misfiring. Oh.. And don't forget about the flying monkeys attacking your rudder for some odd reason.

Better? :D :D :D

Better question - did he actually fly it?

Who cares if he flew it or not? He got to fly in some of the most historic military aircraft ever produced. I'd take his flying experiences as a BN in A-6s, F-4s and F-111s over any civilian piloting experience hands down.

Loved the sunlight "glint" cascading through the formation. Starts at about 1:02 in the video. Stunning.

But I didn't realize this was a world record only for civilian amateur-built aircraft flying over a sporting event rather than any aircraft in a formation as it originally appeared to be saying.

Reading is fundamental, Ron. There's no mention of amateur-built.

It was pretty clear to me in posts one and two. :dunno: don't know what your issue was, or continues to be.

BTW...was I the only one who saw the outline of an F117 in the formation?

Last edited:
OK.. Add in severe icing on one engine with 4 of the six cylinders misfiring. Oh.. And don't forget about the flying monkeys attacking your rudder for some odd reason.

Better? :D :D :D

Much! :D

Back