4000 eMails in one night...

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
I have a goal of trying to get my unread messages on my BlackBerry below 10. It almost never happens, but when I wake up and find over 4000 unread messages when the previous night I had 13, it's pretty obvious something is going on. Doubly so when each message is from the same address. Fortunately, deleting them didn't take long.

The eMails all were coming from SMS BOX, from this website: http://smartgpsworld.com/smsbox/

It seemed to be some spambot deal, and very easy to change, so I pointed it to a fake eMail. It's not something I've seen before, and that's the first time I've gotten that many eMails in one night.

Anyone seen or heard of this before?

I have a goal of trying to get my unread messages on my BlackBerry below 10. It almost never happens, but when I wake up and find over 4000 unread messages when the previous night I had 13, it's pretty obvious something is going on. Doubly so when each message is from the same address. Fortunately, deleting them didn't take long.

The eMails all were coming from SMS BOX, from this website: http://smartgpsworld.com/smsbox/

It seemed to be some spambot deal, and very easy to change, so I pointed it to a fake eMail. It's not something I've seen before, and that's the first time I've gotten that many eMails in one night.

Anyone seen or heard of this before?

Here's a tip for you in terms of getting your unread down:

Go to your e-mail.
Hit the "T" on your keyboard
Hit the little trackball thingy
Scroll down to "Mark all prior read"
Select that and confirm

:cornut:

Here's a tip for you in terms of getting your unread down:

Go to your e-mail.
Hit the "T" on your keyboard
Hit the little trackball thingy
Scroll down to "Mark all prior read"
Select that and confirm

:cornut:

Yes, but then that selects the eMails read that I need to follow up on later. ;)

I have not heard of them, but I would recommend against helping them out by posting the link to their website here.

You would think that the blackberry folks would have figured out a way to protect your inbox from 4000 messages from the same address.

You would think that the blackberry folks would have figured out a way to protect your inbox from 4000 messages from the same address.

I would think the gmail folks would, they're the ones who received 4000 eMails from the same address!

I figured you were on the evening news again and the hotties were just trying to find you.

I figured you were on the evening news again and the hotties were just trying to find you.

Nah, it's been a while since I was on the evening news.

Back