3rd class medical

U

Unregistered

I am currently flying under light sport rules,want to get 3rd class medical to fly as private pilot again. Am on disability from back surgery and damaged syatic nerve. Can i pass a 3rd class medical?

FIRST, can't be on any meds except for nonsteroidal anit-inflammatory agents.
Second, have to have full ROM and power.
3rd, if you have FULL power and ROM, you're going to lose your diability.

Steering in-between these two extremes is an art. Seriously.

Bruce,

I finally figured out what ROM meant. But sometimes you use acronyms that I can't understand. It would be helpful if you could spell it out.

You have to be carefull that you don't fail the 3 rd class medical that would negate your right to fly light sport.try asking that question to the AOPA medical advisor.

You have to be carefull that you don't fail the 3 rd class medical that would negate your right to fly light sport.try asking that question to the AOPA medical advisor.

Good Point.

OP: Be sure to work with a good AME who understands the value of reviewing your submissions as a consultative visit to evaluate if office issuance could be possible (with the AME doing any needed legwork to get permission to do the issuance).

If the AME isn't willing to do that, don't do anything official. Then proceed to Peoria.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back