3rd Class Medical Deferred by FAA

triton63

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
triton63
My AME deferred and submitted my class 3 medical packet to the FAA on February 25. On Friday, April 18 I received a certified letter from the FAA requesting more information. I will check with my AME and see if he is confident he can put together what they want. If not, I will check with Dr. Bruce and get his advice. The information they requested seems simple enough. I am actually surprised how quickly they responded based on what I was told. My AME said to expect a 6-12 month wait before hearing anything. Hopefully, once I get what they need, I will get a positive response in a few months.

"Hopefully 3 months" expect 6-12 months? YGBFSM. They cannot get rid of the medical requirement fast enough.

I think i know more people that ignore the thing than I do that keep current. I had a week lapse on mine and a guy asked "You're not going to let that keep you from flying are you?" Like I was some sort of alien because actually kept my medical current.

It has gotten to the point that it is a hindrance to safety, because it can keep pilots from staying current for months while a bureaucrat checks off boxes on a sheet of paper for an SI that will ultimately be issued the vast majority of the time.

If you can drive a car, you can fly a plane.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

tumblr_lkj34ibIbt1qzzptno1_400.gif

My student got the runaround for a year. Interestingly, less than a week after contacting her senator's office, her medical came through. May be pure coincidence....we may never know.

My student got the runaround for a year. Interestingly, less than a week after contacting her senator's office, her medical came through. May be pure coincidence....we may never know.

I remember that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back