3rd class medial diagnosis trifecta

• Thread starter throwawayairman
  • Start date
T

throwawayairman

Hello POA,

Looking for an opinion from one of the regular AME's that quite often provide guidance for issues current and future pilots have with regard to medicals.

In my case, today I had my annual physical and received some clarification from my PCP relative to a diagnosis of adjustment disorder with anxiety (resolved, no medication documented with doctors note, therapy with a LMHC), hypertension (stable, doctors note explaining no side effects (lisinopril/hctz) and OSA (compliant (90 days so far, note from doc indicating no daytime sleepiness, compliant, no signs of heart failure).

I do plan on going to a local senior AME for a consultation however before I do that I was looking for thumbs up/sideways/down before I scheduled the appointment. I'm trying to make it as easy as I can for whomever does my consult and/or medical.

Is this something an AME can issue on the spot or would it be something that would require a deferment and what are the odds of denial?

The adj disorder with anxiety will result in a deferment of issuance. The details will be in a letter you get from the FAA after your application is submitted. You will have a few hoops to jump through.

...and critical to support of "adjustment disorder" and NOT "recurrent anxiety/depressive" disorder, is the verified (records) history that what you have is your one and only. Also know that according to the Am. Psychol. Assn. definition, "Adjustment disorder" is limited to two years. E.G, you cannot call an adjustment disorder something for which you have been upon meds for 5 years!

Thank you both doctors Bruce and Lou. It was my one and only event, and was an issue for about 3-4 months about 3 yrs ago. I’ll most certainly have my therapist document this to the nth degree in prep for my consult.

Would this situation require a HIMS AME?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back