3CK Blue Skies Flying Service

howienewsome

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Phil
Anyone have any experience with Blue Skies at 3CK (Lake in the Hills - Chicago area)?

Rates? Quality?, Etc?

If your willing to travel a bit though for training my club is the cheapest in the area I've found. Westosha flying club in Wilmont,wi. Right near Antioch and about 45 mins from lake in the hills.
$55 mo dues
152 rents for $70hr wet
172p rents for $85 hr wet
172sp Rents for $95 hr wet
CFI is $60 an hr I believe

I looked at 3ck and galt for my training but prices at the club were cheaper. And I liked that they don't have a 2hr daily minimum on trips. So if you take a 172 for a trip you only pay for the time the engine is running and not a daily fee.
Www.directwfc.com is their website I believe.

Anyone have any experience with Blue Skies at 3CK (Lake in the Hills - Chicago area)?

Rates? Quality?, Etc?
I know it very well. Years ago I did my instrument training there. I still keep a plane at 3CK and I fly with one of their instructors, who is also a friend. I know several of the other instructors there as well as the owner. It is a top notch operation with good instructors, well maintained planes. They recently brought on line a new simulator and also have several wings events throughout the year.

Back