"31 Unread messages"

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
I just returned home from a few days of vacation and when I went to restart my computer just now, it still says "31 unread messages" underneath the area for me to type my user password in (using Windows XP).

My default e-mail client is Microsoft Outlook (2003) and I have marked all of my messages read. Is there some way to reset this counter or will it catch up with itself?

I normally don't leave Outlook open while I'm away for more than a day, but for some reason I must have forgot to close it.

Thanks,
Jason

HPNPilot1200 said:
Skip,

I already infact have Tweak UI for Windows XP, but I don't know where to make any changes for that particular problem I'm having. Do you know?

Thanks,
Jason
Now that I think about it, TweakUI has a way to shut off the mail indicator on the login screen. If you shut it off, reboot, and then turn it on, the indicator should work as intended. I have left mine off.

As to where it is in TweakUI, you will have to wait until I get home and look for it. More later.

-Skip

Skip Miller said:
As to where it is in TweakUI, you will have to wait until I get home and look for it. More later.

-Skip

Jason: TweakUI>Logon>Unread mail should do it.

-Skip

Back