3 killed in PA-28 crash near Paine Field, Everett, WA

Oh man, it was an Eagle Flight, too... with two kids on board.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/5106542/detail.html

That sucks. From another story:

"The flight was not sponsored by the school but was part of the Experimental Aircraft Association's Young Eagles program. The association has about a thousand chapters nationwide, and the program offers students their first light-aircraft flights, spokesman David Berkley of Oshkosh, Wis., said.

The deaths were the first in the program, which has provided flights for 1.2 million young people since 1992, Berkley said."

Last edited:
Any plane crash stinks, even more so when people get killed. I understand that this is first crash with fatalities for the Young Eagle program.

Before the final report comes out there will be out cry to regulate this program way more than it is now. ome of those suggestions maybe correct to do but many will not. It is important that in the mean time we all continue to express our grief and not get invovled with the emotional issue of regulation.

Scott

Last edited:
Oh man, this is terrible news. No one will see the 1.2 million kids flown safely. I feel not only for the families of the kids and pilot killed, but for all the kids who will probably not have an opportunity to fly now. Sigh.

Judy

judypilot said:
Oh man, this is terrible news. No one will see the 1.2 million kids flown safely. I feel not only for the families of the kids and pilot killed, but for all the kids who will probably not have an opportunity to fly now. Sigh.

Judy

It was the usual questions from non-pilots this Monday and I made it a point to preface any comment from me by the fact that victims were the first in over ten years and 1.2 million flights etc... FWIW.

After hearing that these were the first in this program, after all the years & numbers, it actually seemed to register with them that this type of an accident is quite rare, all things considered.

judypilot said:

Judy

At least the mother of one of the girsl killed was quite positive about the aviation program at the high school, and (I think) the Young Eagles program. "My daughter would want it to continue..."

lancefisher said:
At least the mother of one of the girsl killed was quite positive about the aviation program at the high school, and (I think) the Young Eagles program. "My daughter would want it to continue..."

One thing to keep in mind here, this school was an AVIATION high school. Sponsered by the Everett community college, which has one of the largest aviation programes in this country.

It is sad that we lost two very nice young ladies in this accident,,and a pilot that was volunteering his time and money/plane to a great cause. I didn't see a single bad statement in the press or the media, Remember this is Everett WA. home of the largest BOEING plant..

WE will get over this, but it won't be for a long time.

Back