2nd Annual Port Aransas Fly-In Shrimp Boil - Saturday, May 3rd

Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
We had a fantastic turnout in 2013, with over 100 aircraft in attendance, and I hope y'all enjoyed yourselves and c'mon back in 2014.

The schedule is somewhat in flux, but this is the general outline:

Saturday, May 3rd

9 AM Doors open, with coffee and danish available.
10 AM Airplane rides and tandem jumps available.
11 AM - It's gone! Fresh gulf shrimp boil!

Music will be provided throughout the day. The Corpus Christi Corvette club will be here, as will several antique trucks.

If you've never had a shrimp boil, you haven't lived. Layers of potatoes, onions, and shrimp, seasoned to perfection, are boiled until succulent and tasty.

Amelia's Landing is sold out for the weekend, but we will be glad to assist you in your search for a hotel room on the island, if desired. Call us at 888-671-8088.

Airport hard surface parking is somewhat limited, so you will most likely be parked in the grass, which will be cut short. Please bring your own tiedowns. Drawings will be held throughout the day, with many prizes donated by local businesses. All proceeds will go to the Port Aransas Cub Scouts.

Little far for me, but I hope you guys have lots of fun. Sounds first class, even if it is in Texas.

Little far for me, but I hope you guys have lots of fun. Sounds first class, even if it is in Texas.

Yup, not much of a left wing crowd down there.....thank God!

Back