26,000', big bang, big dent, no blood, WTF?

* Gubment UAV

* Corrosion and the nose just caved in

* Weather balloon's sensor package falling back to earth after the balloon pops

* Aliens

* The Ghost of Mary Poppins

Last edited:
Will Bill Birnes of MUFON investigate and turn it into a 1 hour science channel show?

Promo for "Man of Steel" gone wrong.

Could he have possibly pulled a vacuum in the radome and collapsed it on the way up? How are the radomes vented, could that become plugged?

Could he have possibly pulled a vacuum in the radome and collapsed it on the way up? How are the radomes vented, could that become plugged?

backwards...he could have collapsed it on the way down...not up. Just like an empty water bottle, re-capped at altitude, is flat when you land.

Plane at higher altitude had a leaky toilet valve and dropped a hunk of "blue ice."

You know, a missile attack; it was hit by an Icy-BM....

Ron Wanttaja

Plane at higher altitude had a leaky toilet valve and dropped a hunk of "blue ice."

Ron Wanttaja
Now, that was funny.

Ron Wanttaja

I hope you don't mind if I use this. Too funny! :rofl:

What makes sense.....the idea that the radome imploded or that an RV-10 kicked its butt?

The story makes it sound as if the plane wasnt performing well, then the loud bang...thus the implosion was due to lack of performance of the aircraft...not the other way around...therefor, I blame the A&P :dunno:

The story makes it sound as if the plane wasnt performing well, then the loud bang...thus the implosion was due to lack of performance of the aircraft...not the other way around...therefor, I blame the A&P :dunno:

I noted that order of events too and found it odd. Between language translation and the usual news confusion, it could have been a frozen Kenyan falling from the wheel well of a jet higher up for all we know.

There was no blood because at 26,000 feet the birds are all frozen.

In this case there was no mistakin' who the culprit was :D

C-141bird1.JPG

Last edited:
Happens occasionally. Previous damage (small bird strike, ramp rash, freeze/thaw damage & micro-cracking of crappy older generation resins) causes non-visible interlaminar delamination. As A/C reaches top of climb and accerlerates, total aero pressure at the nose increases. Fwoomp, radome caves in.

Back