2011 Master contact list and email distribution

TMetzinger

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
I've collected and distributed contact information amongst the POA/Purple/Babe groups for the past few years, and this year I'm thinking of doing something different.

Rather than collect, collate, and distribute, I can put up a Google Docs spreadsheet and distribute the access credentials to those interested. That will let folks make updates and changes as they need to, and they can get the list from anywhere they have internet connectivity.

The other idea is to take the information provided and create a mail distribution list so that a member of the group could send a message to everyone, (i.e. When is Leslie cooking dinner?). Not quite so sure about this idea as I don't want it to be spam-able, and the existing boards are probably just as easy to use now that most folks have smart phones.

Anyway, I'd like your comments.

I like the idea of a Google Docs spreadsheet for viewing/updating contact info for OSH... I'd rather not have a distribution list email address, as I don't need to see broadcast messages not intended for the entire group. Being able to reach out person-to-person does sound good, however, and the Google Docs spreadsheet provides me the information I need to do that.

Back