2011 Attendee List

...if the tires remain inflated. Might have to check the loading specs on em.

Wow, the dog types too? A miracle.

And I thought the rule was that if the door closes I am okay. Guess not. Oh well back to eating salads and crossing my fingers.

I'm mostly worried about trying to avoid the three ruts your Commanche will be digging into the grass....

Name................#People.......Tail.....Type.......Based....ARR/DEP....Confidence
Ed Frederick........2(fo real!).. N727DS...PA24.......9D9......Thu/S/M....For Sure
Brad Frederick......2............ N1270T...PA28.......9D9......Wed/Tue....For Sure
Lynn Merli..........2.............N3334Q...PA28.......KTIP.....Fri/Mon....For Sure
Joe Selch (Liz).....1.............N5539B...SYY........57D......Fri/Sun....Pretty Darn
G. & L. Prellwitz ..2.............N7111W?..C182.......1C5......Fri/Sun....Pretty Darn
Azure (Liz A.)......1.............N828JT...177RG......VLL......Sat/Sun....Hopeful
ScottM..............1.............N8116B...PA28-161...10C......Sat........Fer sure GB
CJones,SSee.........2.............N?????...IAR-823....South....Fri/Sun....Hopeful
J.Angell,D.White....3.............N1161F...172........KBAZ.....Fri/Mon....Pretty sure
FrankenkotaFlyer....1.............N8089V...P28B.......FTG......Sat/Sun....maybe
Steingar(Free Bird).2.............N6138V...PA28-140...TZR......Fri/Sun....wx dependent
Pete................1.............N271G....C182... ...KMSN.....Fri/Sun....Pretty Sure
Alan Colon..........1.............N/A......Car .......KFTG.....Sat/Thur...Definite
murphey.............1...........Frontier Airlines.....FTG......Thurs/Sun..???
Gary F..............1 or 2 .......N/A......Car........KSAW.....Fri/Fri....probably
Tim Winters.........1or2+Dog(s)...N5057D...C182.......0T3......Thur/Mon...Pretty Sure

WTF is up with all the spaces being thrown in the above list? It's driving me crazy...no spaces in my post box...everything is aligned beautifully...but then...

So there are 26 people so far and 13 planes. 24 days left - or even less in my case (21-ish).

So there are 26 people so far and 13 planes. 24 days left - or even less in my case (21-ish).

Two of those people were slightly confused and thought this was the OSH list...

This may be the first time that your comanche needs more runway to get airborne than Anthony's Tiger:D

Name................#People.......Tail.....Type... ....Based....ARR/DEP....Confidence
Ed Frederick........2(fo real!).. N727DS...PA24.......9D9......Thu/S/M....For Sure
Brad Frederick......2............ N1270T...PA28.......9D9......Wed/Tue....For Sure
Lynn Merli..........2.............N3334Q...PA28.......K TIP.....Sat/Mon....For Sure
Joe Selch (Liz).....1.............N5539B...SYY........57D... ...Fri/Sun....Pretty Darn
G. & L. Prellwitz ..2.............N7111W?..C182.......1C5......Fri/Sun....Pretty Darn
Azure (Liz A.)......1.............N828JT...177RG......VLL.... ..Sat/Sun....Hopeful
ScottM..............1.............N8116B...PA28-161...10C......Sat........Fer sure GB
CJones,SSee.........2.............N?????...IAR-823....South....Fri/Sun....Hopeful
J.Angell,D.White....3.............N1161F...172.... ....KBAZ.....Fri/Mon....Pretty sure
FrankenkotaFlyer....1.............N8089V...P28B... ....FTG......Sat/Sun....maybe
Steingar(Free Bird).2.............N6138V...PA28-140...TZR......Fri/Sun....wx dependent
Pete................1.............N271G....C182... ...KMSN.....Fri/Sun....Pretty Sure
Alan Colon..........1.............N/A......Car .......KFTG.....Sat/Thur...Definite
Gary F..............1 or 2 .......N/A......Car........KSAW.....Fri/Fri....probably
Tim Winters.........1or2+Dog(s)...N5057D...C182....... 0T3......Thur/Mon...Pretty Sure

Ugh. I am sorry for the poor communication between myself and the other party who will be accompanying me. :(

Last edited:
This may be the first time that your comanche needs more runway to get airborne than Anthony's Tiger:D

Keep laughing smartguy. As we speak, the Tiger is being HIGHLY modified for this trip. Tundra tires, IO-540 (inverted), second wing, JATO, tailwheel conversion, etc. but its still a Tiger!

Don't be entirely shocked if you see this there! :D

IMG_1231.jpg

Name................#People.......Tail.....Type... ....Based....ARR/DEP....Confidence
Lynn Merli..........2.............N3334Q...PA28.......K TIP.....Sat/Mon....For Sure
Joe Selch (Liz).....1.............N5539B...SYY........57D... ...Fri/Sun....Pretty Darn
G. & L. Prellwitz ..2.............N7111W...C182.......1C5......Fri/Sun....Fer Sure
Azure (Liz A.)......1.............N828JT...177RG......VLL.... ..Sat/Sun....Hopeful
CJones,SSee.........2.............N129GC...IAR-823....South....Fri/Sun....Hopeful
J.Angell,D.White....3.............N1161F...172.... ....KBAZ.....Fri/Mon....Pretty sure
FrankenkotaFlyer....1.............N8089V...P28B... ....FTG......Sat/Sun....maybe
Tim Winters.........1or2+Dog(s)...N5057D...C182....... 0T3......Thur/Mon...Pretty Sure

The plane is booked.

G. & L. Prellwitz ..2.............N7111W...C182.......1C5......Fri/Sun....Fer Sure
CJones,SSee.........2.............N129GC...IAR-823....South....Fri/Sun....Hopeful

The plane is booked.

So I could have gone with you guys after all? Darn it.

Since there is no Lame Excuse Thread I will post here.
I was hoping to make it for at least one day. Well things are not going well with one of my contracts and I will be MO next week. My wife will then fly out (airline) to MO and we will spend the weekend there.

Everyone have fun and hope to see you at the next event.

Lame excuse #2: it's beginning to look as if I won't have an airplane. No, it is NOT too soon to tell. My A&P hates working under my panel so much (because of the rat's nest of wiring) that he is averaging about 15 minutes per day on it. It's been down now to replace the flaps cable for about 3 weeks. The new cable is installed and now he has to put the panel back together again.

Even if he gets it done at the last minute, I'll be out of BFR currency as of next Thursday...

:(

Last edited:
I actually will NOT have an airplane. The prop shops are so backed up that we're pulling my LE propellor two weeks before the mid Sept engine replacement to GET IT DONE IN A TIMELY manner. Sigh.

Lame excuse #3.. The project I've been trying to implement for the past 3 weeks is finally going to be implemented this coming week. That means I will have to babysity my code over the weekend.

Hopefully Steve can find another ride (if he so desires), but I will be stuck at home over the weekend. Ya'll have some Crown for me!

Red leader - out.

Lame excuse #3.. The project I've been trying to implement for the past 3 weeks is finally going to be implemented this coming week. That means I will have to babysity my code over the weekend.

Hopefully Steve can find another ride (if he so desires), but I will be stuck at home over the weekend. Ya'll have some Crown for me!

Red leader - out.

Unfortunately, the timing and the distance is cost prohibitive for me to go solo on this trip. I have an alternative, attending an airshow planning meeting in MEM on Saturday, so I'll be staying closer to home, too.

Maybe next time.

Someone help me out here. What is the attraction there that will make a 1000 nm trip worthwhile? How far are most of you traveling?

Someone help me out here. What is the attraction there that will make a 1000 nm trip worthwhile? How far are most of you traveling?

Mine is a long and complicated answer . . . .

But to answer the part about how far I am traveling:

I am coming from SFO and will spend most of the day (6am PDT - 5pm EDT) in airports just getting part of the way there. Then I have a GA flight from the GRR area to the actual fly-in (6Y9).

PS - Tomorrow is my last day at work. I'm getting excited. My plane departs on Wednesday morning from SFO.

Lots of reasons, first and foremost is to see friends that we don't get to see that often, second, the adventure; third; to help support a great family that has given back to general aviation; fourth; why not.

Door to door I am traveling 4,401 miles. What is the attraction? Friends and Crown Royal.

The outdoors and relaxation is the only "attraction". I'm guessing if you're in Montana you can relate to that. There really isn't much close to 6Y9 but natures beauty. There will be 20-30 other pilots and companions there and most of the time is spent just hanging out. There will be transportation for the group to local establishments for dinner Friday and Saturday night and breakfast Sunday morning. Transportation one or both of the nights for dinner may be in the form of a hay ride. Saturday afternoon there will be a lunch put on by the local ladies auxiliary that's attended by a lot of the local community. There's a big pile of wood split and stacked for evening campfires.

In short I think you'll find a fun group of pilots in a remote and beautiful place and I don't think you'll be disappointed if you make the trip.

The flight is 321nm for me.

The outdoors and relaxation is the only "attraction". I'm guessing if you're in Montana you can relate to that. There really isn't much close to 6Y9 but natures beauty. There will be 20-30 other pilots and companions there and most of the time is spent just hanging out. There will be transportation for the group to local establishments for dinner Friday and Saturday night and breakfast Sunday morning. Transportation one or both of the nights for dinner may be in the form of a hay ride. Saturday afternoon there will be a lunch put on by the local ladies auxiliary that's attended by a lot of the local community. There's a big pile of wood split and stacked for evening campfires.

In short I think you'll find a fun group of pilots in a remote and beautiful place and I don't think you'll be disappointed if you make the trip.

The flight is 321nm for me.

Will there be hay rides? Why did I think the tractor was broken?

Will there be hay rides? Why did I think the tractor was broken?

Tractor is fine. Tractor keeps the grass on the field cut. Wheel bearing on wagon went out. It may or may not be fixed by this weekend.

Tractor is fine. Tractor keeps the grass on the field cut. Wheel bearing on wagon went out. It may or may not be fixed by this weekend.
I think Kimberly is entitled to a hay ride as a reward for passing her checkride. If you give me a part number I might be able to get a bearing and bring it Thursday.

Camaraderie with an amazing group of people, tent camping with the aircraft, a long x-c that just might be challenging. Those are a few reasons.

Distance is about 12 hours total at ~130 kts true. I might crank it up a bit and shorten the trip. Jesse definitely gets the ironman award this year. I may have to give back my past longest traveled drinks just to properly honor his mission. :)

Sounds like something I would like to do some day. But, I am committed to Yellowstone this weekend. I don't really know anyone. Seems like all the POA fly-ins occur way East of here. There are a lot of nice remote fields here in Montana and Idaho that I want to try before venturing that far. I guess I was wondering if there was something special at 6Y9 (other than the group). Do you guys ever get together further West?

Sounds like something I would like to do some day. But, I am committed to Yellowstone this weekend. I don't really know anyone. Seems like all the POA fly-ins occur way East of here. There are a lot of nice remote fields here in Montana and Idaho that I want to try before venturing that far. I guess I was wondering if there was something special at 6Y9 (other than the group). Do you guys ever get together further West?

Not yet - But only because nobody has successfully organized anything further West yet. If you put something together, maybe that can be changed! :thumbsup:

Plan it and they will come! Seriously, you don't have to know anyone. I mean that. You show up be friendly and its like you've known each other for years.

Back