2010 Roll Call!!

I've not reserved a room and don't plan on it - I'll find a place to sleep upon arriving.

Of course, this assumes that I end up going, which may change. :)

Mari,

Leah and I will be flying from Wichita. You're more than welcome to join us. We'll probably leave Thursday afternoon.

Leah and I will be flying from Wichita. You're more than welcome to join us. We'll probably leave Thursday afternoon.
That would be cool if it works out, Tony. I'll know more about my schedule about a week prior.

Boy! I'm looking forward to that RELAXING weekend!

C'mon, June!

I thought I posted but don't see it. Got a cabin on Friday and Saturday evening. Gaston's said cabins were scarce; plenty of individual rooms still available.

Best,

Dave

Well I suppose I should probably call them and try to figure some lodging out - unless someone else has room Thur - Sat night.

Anyone have room for a fellow pilot from Oregon on Thurs. and Fri. nights? I have a place to bunk on Sat.

I'm looking for a place to stay too (Thurs, Fri & Sat). I'm bringing my cousin along, but we can share a double.

I'm looking for a place to stay too (Thurs, Fri & Sat). I'm bringing my cousin along, but we can share a double.
I just booked a cottage, probably the same one as last year, has two beds. $133 a night. We can split it 4 ways.

I think I took the last cottage (at least for all those days). They might have a hotel room.

I just booked a cottage, probably the same one as last year, has two beds. $133 a night. We can split it 4 ways.

I think I took the last cottage (at least for all those days). They might have a hotel room.

Jesse, Count me in for Thursday and Friday night for 1/4 share if you would. I have a place Saturday night already. Let me know if that will work. Bob

She as cute as you?

Awesome!! ^_^

Count me in for 2, my and my uncle. If anyone could give us a ride from the KPNE/Philadelphia area that would be great We'd be happy to pay a portion of fuel and other assorted costs I weigh 120 pounds he weighs 165ish, if not we will fly to little rock commercially and drive in. As far as sleeping arrangements, what should I do?

Count me in for 2, my and my uncle. If anyone could give us a ride from the KPNE/Philadelphia area that would be great We'd be happy to pay a portion of fuel and other assorted costs I weigh 120 pounds he weighs 165ish, if not we will fly to little rock commercially and drive in. As far as sleeping arrangements, what should I do?

Call 'em up - I think they have some space still available.

If not, post your plight in the Gaston's Fly-In thread- there are always people swapping rooms (in a nice way...), as a result of changed plans, etc.

I'm late to this party, but want to come to the Fly-in this year! Have to convince the husband... the dog will want to go for sure! :)

I'm late to this party, but want to come to the Fly-in this year! Have to convince the husband... the dog will want to go for sure! :)

Please do! It's a blast.

Does hubby fish? A free boat with each cabin rental.

Just sayin'...

Can't wait to meet you!

leah and i have "the last cabin". sharing it with the Sawhills. can't wait to see everyone.

oh that reminds me i need to switch out my instructor duty that weekend at the gliderport.

Not looking good for me. The person I was hoping on splitting the flight cost can not make it. The flight is 529 nautical miles each way. In the clubs C172 it is a slow and costly flight.
Plus when I called today they said they had nothing open for rooms.
So now I need to find someone to help with the flight cost. Then worry about a place to sleep.
I might have some work in St Louis MO around the time frame. If I can time it right I might be able to help with the flight cost.

ron22;590679 Plus when I called today they said they had nothing open for rooms.[/QUOTE said:
Well... poop. :( There's always next year, I guess. :(

Well... poop. :( There's always next year, I guess. :(
Don't give up. I don't think we've ever had to turn people away. People drop out at the last moment, and even if they didn't, there are couches and extra beds around.

The flight is 529 nautical miles each way.

Don't let that stop ya! Bob's going twice that in a 182. I recall folks from NY....and Felix came from coastal Ca (at least) once!

Plus when I called today they said they had nothing open for rooms.

Don't let that stop ya! I do not recall a time when someone was left out in the fog to sleep, or had to go elsewhere for lack of bedspace! (even if you can't book a room, it is the norm for rooms to become available at the last moment)

Don't let that stop ya! Bob's going twice that in a 182. I recall folks from NY....and Felix came from coastal Ca (at least) once!

The distance is not the big issue the cost is. For easy math 100 mph 1000 miles $80 an hour = $800 dollars round trip.
Just a little more than I planning on spending.

Don't let that stop ya! I do not recall a time when someone was left out in the fog to sleep, or had to go elsewhere for lack of bedspace! (even if you can't book a room, it is the norm for rooms to become available at the last moment)
I have only been there once but my understanding is that someone will let me pull up a floor or couch somewhere.

The distance is not the big issue the cost is. For easy math 100 mph 1000 miles $80 an hour = $800 dollars round trip.
Just a little more than I planning on spending.

I have only been there once but my understanding is that someone will let me pull up a floor or couch somewhere.

Ron,

I bet you could convince a nearby Baron owner to part with one of his empty seats... ;)

Anybody have a couch or floor I can crash on Friday/Saturday night? I have secured a ride, just need sleeping space.

I'm in for the weekend!! :) Just got a room this afternoon! Can't wait to fly in, meet everyone, and do it all... even fly fish. That has to be less gross than doing it with night crawlers. Ugggh... *shudder*. :(

Well, shoot, Kevin and I can't make it this year - we'll try for next year - Sounds like it will be a good time had by all- AGAIN :)

Lynn, you'll like the fly fishing - we went for a weekend "how to" class and enjoyed it.

Good, if the aforementioned Baron owner isn't going that gives me another year to figure out how to shove 580s in my Aztec to keep up. :D

It looks like I will fly it Malvern, AR. to drop off my two passengers, and if it works out stop in Little Rock and pick up Brook and take her to Gaston's. I was planning on spending that night the 10th at the farm with Tom and Diana. I may be to tired and have to find a place to crash at Gaston's. I'll see how I feel.

Back