2010 general aviation/pt135 activity survey

Aztec Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Bryon
So what is the deal with this survey? I really have no desire to fill out the information they want to harvest. I have ignored two other attempts to get me to participate, and yet they keep on sending the cards. What is it they really want? A method to figure out what ways they can add more expenses to my already expensive hobby?

Who is "they"? What survey are you talking about?

The FAA is sending out surveys to the registered owners of aircraft asking about the number of hours flown, type of use, etc. on the registered aircraft. I received two - one for the Aztec, one for the 310.

I answered both. But I would be interested to hear what the FAA wants to do with the info.

I've received that survey ever since I bought my Ka-6. It's kinda fun answering some of those questions for a Sailplane.

I answered both. But I would be interested to hear what the FAA wants to do with the info.

Justify the money they carve out of the transportation budget for GA purposes.

Justify the money they carve out of the transportation budget for GA purposes.

My thoughts were similar, hence why it's useful for me to tell them what I do.

My thoughts were similar, hence why it's useful for me to tell them what I do.

Sometimes folks go a bit overboard in their paranoia when it comes to the FAA. The US has the best facilities for 'small plane' general aviation in the world, this is due to favorable legislation and generous funding which happens to be administered through the FAA. During the budgeting process, when it comes to the question whether DOT is going to spend another billion dollars on a runway at ATL or whether they are going to fund AWOS systems for some rinkydink asphalt strip in the South Dakota prairie, they need to have paperwork and powerpoint presentations to make their case for one vs. the other. We can't ***** and moan about the FAA 'forgetting about the little guy' yet throw away the little postcards they send out. No, they are not going to send you a bill based on what you put on the postcard.

Minor use of my time, and far less intrusive than the census. Not a big deal.

Back