2010 Cessnas 2 Oshkosh Registration Drive

TeenDoc

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
TeenDoc
Hello Guys:

I just wanted to shout a heads up your way. We are having a very good year, with early registration reaching high numbers (see the list). I wouldn't want for any of you to miss out on the fun. We have scheduled 15 clinics in order to train everyone without depending on a last minute clinic in Juneau. In the the first one of the clinics, last March 14th in California, twelve pilots trained for the mass arrival. Mike's report is very encouraging.

There are four clinics in April:

Dothan, AL
Crossville, TN
Oshkosh, WI
Philadelphia, PA

Go ahead and register for this year's arrival, don't miss out on the fun. Use this link Registration or visit our website at cessnas2oshkosh.com.

Fly safe,

Gil, I just tried to register, but it wouldn't take my credit card. When I checked my email, it said we were registered anyway. I see our name listed. Is the website rejecting payments with registration?:yes:

No, normally the website will not reject a new pilot.

Are you trying to use the same email address that Don used to register?

The email address is one of the unique identifiers in our SQL queries and scripts. Each registrant must have a unique email address. I suspect that the problem is there, based on the message you're getting.

If you and Don are flying the same plane, you don't need to register separately. Register once and indicate 2 persons on board on the registration form. If you now need to modify the registration information, after reaching the Registration page, click on the first link on the right side of the page, just below the picture of the Centurions. I

Regarding payment of the registration fee. we use PayPal. Since Don already registered, to pay the registration fee, on the Registration page again, click on the third link on the left side of the page, just below our logo. On the next page, Log in with the email address and zipcode used by Don, and follow the prompts.

There are details instructions with pictures right on the registration page. Just click on the pdf or MS Word icon. If you have any problem, give me a call at nine-one-four two-six-two nine-seven-nine-seven. I will be happy to help

It was Don that I registered. He will be PIC. We will both be coming to the training, though. We're planning to bring 1 or more grandkids to Oshkosh.

It was Don that I registered. He will be PIC. We will both be coming to the training, though. We're planning to bring 1 or more grandkids to Oshkosh.
That sounds great! All your registration info is in the database and it was accepted. Now, you just have to pay the registration fee. If you want, you can use this link, or follow te steps I wrote in the previous post. Give me a call if you have any problem, and I'll help you out. Thanks for your support of Cessnas 2 Oshkosh and I look forward to having you guys in our clinic.

I wish I could make one of those. I'm one of the pilots in the Cherokees to Oshkosh group, and (dark side jokes notwithstanding) would love to see how you guys do it.

Congratulations! We are really happy that you guys jumped in the water. I personally, and my buddies in the coordination of Cessnas 2 Oshkosh wish you guys all the success in the world.

In fact, we are working with one of your coordinators, Duanne Ferguson, on the training program design. He will attend and help us out in our Crossville, TN clinic. We are happy to help. The Bonanzas did the same for us, and continue to help us out, especially the California B2Osh guys. We are very appreciative of their help. It's a close community, we pilots look after each other, that's the beauty of flying groups. It doesn't matter what machine we're flying any given day.

It's funny. In my first clinic ever, I flew along with Rusty Ellison, a Cherokee owner from Port Huron, Michigan. Then again 2 years ago in Dothan, Alabama. And here is the picture to prove it.

picture1.jpg

Come to any of our clinics anytime. You are welcome!

Last edited:
Cherokees and Skyhawks have similar characteristics, so no reason they can't fly together. I'll be meeting Duane in late April to flesh out some things.

Cherokees and Skyhawks have similar characteristics, so no reason they can't fly together. I'll be meeting Duane in late April to flesh out some things.
I agree with you, but when we started doing that, we drew a lot of criticism from the know-it-all hangar flying bunch because of the low-wing high-wing thing.

Maybe you can make it to Crossville, April 17th. Where are you based?

Thanks for the invite, but that's a long way (250nm) for me, especially in a Cherokee. I'll certainly keep it in mind, though.

Thanks, Gil. We had a great day at LOM for the formation training. Looking forward to the next one.

Attachments

• IMG_1145.JPG
    IMG_1145.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1116.JPG
    IMG_1116.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1139.JPG
    IMG_1139.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
It was a great clinic. I attended just for the ground school and it was quite informative.

Thanks Peggy and Adam for your kind words. As I wrote in my message to you, I had a fantastic time. The attendees, who I prefer to refer to as my pilots, did a phenomenal job. I learned a lot and hope that my next one in Orange County next month will be even better.

I can't address Adam without saying something about his generosity with his time and local knowledge of the Philly airspace. Adam is a juggler of tasks. He can wear several hats in a short span and wear them well. Thank you Adam for your help.

Peggy, good pics!

I'll see you guys in three weeks at the Wings'BQ.

Last edited:
We got rained out of our clinic this weekend, hoping for the Memorial Day weekend. Maybe I'll try to wheedle some tips out of you guys at the Wings barbeque.

Cessnas 2 Oshkosh is at Juneau (UNU). We will be departing by bus this evening and camping at OSH under the stars instead of under a wing. We will be having another flyover this afternoon, approximately 4:00.

I hope you guys enjoyed the little show some of the Cherokee pilots gave you. I wasn't there, just heard about it.

Back