2010 6Y9 Fly-In wrap up

el con

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
The Flied Piper
Well as everyone knows the weather sucked.
I wish more could have joined us but it wasn't pleasant on the 4th. Rain , cold, windy etc.
We had 11 planes over the weekend.
For those who did come a BIG THANKS.
Clark for flying lower than ducks:wink2: from Co. to MN. then Mi.(longest flight)
Mike for flying the Champ and taking 13 hrs to get there when it is normally 4-5 hrs.
Adam B and Z from the East Coast in the "groundhog" :hairraise:contact Adam B for details:wink2: Our first "Trinnie" on the field.
Ryan G and family and our formation flight home avoiding some fun weather
Friend Bill H. for coming sunday and our first Mooney on the field.
Dick from Eagle River Wi. with Zenith 701 and 1 young eagle ride on sunday.
Kent and Pete for coming up for the day .
And all others
Number 1 huge thanks to Diz and Pattee for doing all the planning ,work, etc. that it takes for a big group and have a small turnout because of Wx.

And most importantly, I'd also like to put in a Thanks to Warren Jenkins the Duncan Township Supervisor who made the purchase of 6Y9 possible as well as many other things.He was a huge supporter of the Airport and Fly-In. He unfortunately passed away the day before the Fly-In from a 7 year battle with cancer.
Thanks Warren ,you more than earned your wings,RIP.

Let's hope for better weather next year.:fcross:

Brad you forgot to list yourself in there. Maintaining the field and keeping it a going concern are no small task. So THANK YOU too!

Ground Hog???? Did it take Adam a while to get off the ground, or did he make a divot like the Cardinal?

If you would have stayed, you would have seen. How was the hair stylist appointment? :D

If you would have stayed, you would have seen. How was the hair stylist appointment? :D

Well, actually it was Kent who HAD to be home... BTW I hope i didn't scare Zucker too bad on that "go around" Saturday evening....

Well, actually it was Kent who HAD to be home... BTW I hope i didn't scare Zucker too bad on that "go around" Saturday evening....

Scare me? Nope. Did you see that great shot I got of you in the sunset?

Brad, Diz, and Ed - thanks for everything! How lucky are we to have such a great little airport and fly-in event?!

I'm sorry my trip didn't work out - I know I would have had a great time, regardless of the wx and turnout, thanks to your generous hospitality.

To next year! :cheerswine:

Scare me? Nope. Did you see that great shot I got of you in the sunset?

Yeah that was an awesome pic. I do seem to remember you guys scurrying out of the way though...

Brad, Diz, and Ed - thanks for everything! How lucky are we to have such a great little airport and fly-in event?!

I'm sorry my trip didn't work out - I know I would have had a great time, regardless of the wx and turnout, thanks to your generous hospitality.

To next year! :cheerswine:
Ditto!!!

And I was sorry to hear about Warren. I talked with him last year (I think it was him), and he seemed like a nice guy. Very interested in what could be done to ensure the success of the airport.

"Groundhog" LOL...

Thanks for the great weekend guys. I'll be back.

"Groundhog" LOL...

Thanks for the great weekend guys. I'll be back.
Just having a little fun- Thanks for coming,we enjoyed your company. And by the way, very ,very nice plane once over the trees!!:wink2:

Ground Hog???? Did it take Adam a while to get off the ground, or did he make a divot like the Cardinal?
Yeah, the Trinnie seemed to like the ground.
Maybe we'll call the cardinal "the mole" or maybe "sodbuster":dunno:
I'm thinking I'll get some extra grass seed for last years fire spot and this years mole tunnel:wink2:

Back