2009 Camp Scholler PoA Dinner 7/28/09

In whose vehicle? :)

We were constantly getting and receiving rides. On Saturday, we even had one of the volunteer carts pick us up near the tower and take us all the way back to our campsite. And we gave Pete a ride back from the Seaplane base, and so forth. Michael, I think you just didn't know enough at the time to catch the bus or call for a ride from someone! Bet you do now! :yes:

Exactly. I never had issues getting rides, and was glad to give them (albeit in someone else's vehicle). One of the other attendees from my company was kind enough to give me a ride back to my plane with my gear when it was time to leave on Friday, which was far easier than schleping all my gear to row 137 of Vintage!

Even if you don't know anyone at Oshkosh, you know everyone. Everyone was glad to help eachother out.

All too true, although I suspect bicycling on the road would be considerably faster than going through all the trams and busses and whatnot. Definitely worth the effort and expense, given the fine food and company.

Indeed. I felt like an idiot for bringing my flying F-350 burning 20 gph and filling it with just me and my gear, while forgetting such essentials as a bicycle and a pillow.

The busses were staged a bit poorly at times, and at one point we decided to just walk in from our camp site. About halfway there a couple picked us up to our extreme gratitude. I agree with Ted.

The buses were staged a bit poorly at times, and at one point we decided to just walk in from our camp site. About halfway there a couple picked us up to our extreme gratitude. I agree with Ted.
Yes, we encountered the poorly staged buses on Monday after the airshow. They reconfigured the grounds a bit this year, and the buses were unable to make it from the south side up to the bus park as the airshow was winding down.

Back