2008 Ride the Rockies

vontresc

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
vonSegelGoober
Hey I am planning to do RTR again this year. Any of you other bikers want to join me?

435 Miles from Durango to Breckenridge

www.RidetheRockies.com

Pete

A friend and I were going to do that together back in 1989. Things suddenly changed and it never happen for either of us.

My accident at Arapahoe Basin took me out of anything but a stiff walk for close to two years. So, my activities were toast. Work wasn't fun either. I was a copier tech carrying a sixty-pound tool case, thirty pound parts case and a 25 pound vacuum around Stapleton doing PMs on Konica machines for Continental.

My friend had had enough lousy dates he was going to swear off women for a while and just spend his time and money on himself. He was an engineer for Martin Marietta spending more money on dates than housing and food. That's when he came up with the idea of us doing the bike ride. Six weeks later, he attends a Mormon wedding in Utah where he meets the bride's maid outside the temple. He was toast!

Ten months later, I still had a hip fracture and he had a wife and three step sons.

I should add... Jim and Julie went on to have four girls. Ya see how blowing off a four-hundred mile bike ride can affect your life? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What is ride the rockies? Anyone have a link to information about it?

edit: duh, read the OP.

Back