2007 Clow Cavalcade

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
The first day of the 2007 Clow Cavalcade of Planes went very well. The weather held out, and we had more than 1200 cars in the parking lot. We're estimating about 3500 visitors the first day.

http://www.chicagosuburbannews.com/romeoville/homepage/x1490237749

Visitors to the 2007 Cavalcade of Planes at Bolingbrook’s Clow International Airport could get a few surprises when they look to the skies from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, June 2 and 3.
The Cavalcade, now in its eighth year, is a major component of the airport’s annual open house, which attracts a few thousand spectators each year.
“This year there could be some special surprises in store because you really don’t know what pilots and planes will appear overhead,” said Joe DePaulo, airport manager.

Later in the article the author speculates abot the possibility of a fly-by by a Falcon jet, which in fact DID happen. Four times!

Tomorrow we expect the Diamond D-Jet to be there on display!

Leslie's staffing the table for the 99's, and I'm manning the table for LifeLine Pilots and AngelFlight Central. Lifeline Pilot's Mission Coordinator Jeff Leeman drove up from Peoria with his wife, and they are a big help!

THE FBO said that the pattern was getting full when I called at 9:30am. I was hoping to come, but the weather and my afternoon work schedule intervened. Was it hard to find airplane parking?
I hope it was a good time.
BTW, I waited for 15 minutes for a WX briefing from FSS. I finally gave up.:(
ApacheBob

THE FBO said that the pattern was getting full when I called at 9:30am. I was hoping to come, but the weather and my afternoon work schedule intervened. Was it hard to find airplane parking?
I hope it was a good time.
BTW, I waited for 15 minutes for a WX briefing from FSS. I finally gave up.:(
ApacheBob
Sorry things didn't work out! :( To be honest, I was so busy in the Museum where we had our booth that I have no idea how parking was! I got a report on the number of cars, but not planes. I'm looking forward (with a little trepidation) to a continuation tomorrow.

Well, the Cavalcade is over for another year. We had record turnout this year. Unofficial estimates are between 8 and 10 THOUSAND people showing up for this free event! We had flybys by Falcon Jets, static displays by Diamond (including their D-Jet mock-up), Cirrus, Cessna, Columbia, and Allegro, as well as a couple of other players. We had an SNJ, a Dauntless dive bomber, and a Navion. Rides in Skyhawks, Skyhawks, Stearmans, Breezys, and Robinson R44s. All sorts of vendors. Even Dr. Bruce stopped by as it was all winding down for a chance to sit in the DA-42 TwinStar. I think he was hoping for a ride, until he found out its ceiling is 18,000!

Photos:
Leslie next to her 99's display
the Dauntless
some WW1 replicas
Dr. Bruce in the DA-42
Jeff Leeman, Mission Coordinator for LifeLine Pilots at the LifeLine Pilots/AngelFlight Central table Grant set up
the Stearman heading out to give another ride
Admiring a 1946 Fairchild
a happy kid riding in a WW1 motorcycle sidecar

Attachments

• DSCF4626_edited.JPG
    DSCF4626_edited.JPG
    836.2 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF4657_edited.JPG
    DSCF4657_edited.JPG
    683.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF4690.JPG
    DSCF4690.JPG