2006 CTSW for sale

CT4ME

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CT4ME
2006 CTSW for sale - sold

***edit**** SOLD!
I'm buying another CT, so this one must go.
I love this bird, but the new one is glass.
2 seat, 120kt cruise, 5gph, 6 hr range, 'chute, autopilot.
Located in Phoenix
Click here for info
ctsw-mv-sm.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh, the winged sperm...

What does that say about fluid dynamics and the CT's shape? Enough sperm seem to get to their target to imply the form is about right. :)

Actually, the similarity has been remarked on before and either says something about the airplane or about the observer, or maybe both.

Shoutout to the sperm who made myself possible. I'd fly with you any day ;)

Lol

Very nice. I have about 50 hours in a rented CTLS. Unfortunately, that FBO went belly-up.

What does that say about fluid dynamics and the CT's shape? Enough sperm seem to get to their target to imply the form is about right. :)

Actually, the similarity has been remarked on before and either says something about the airplane or about the observer, or maybe both.

By fluid dynamics it is a very good shape. Now if the tail would just flagellate...:D

The CT does not look sleek. It is decidedly bulbous and ok, yes..."spermy". It is much easier for us CT owners to just own that and laugh about it than try to deny it. The good thing is every woman that sees it loves it and thinks it's the cutest airplane EVER. :)

It is an efficient shape. Mine makes 112-116 knots at 5200rpm (75%) burning less than 5gph of mogas, and will do an honest 120 knots at 5500rpm at around 6gph. At WOT I get 5750rpm and can do 126 knots, but by the POH can only stay there 5min or less.

If there was ever a plane meant to be included in Disney's "Planes", it was the CT. Already looks like a cartoon caricature.
For Sale: 2006 Tadpole
cute-tadpole-with-back-legs-thumb.gif

The CT might look weird but the viz out the cockpit is almost bubble canopy heli. Especially if you throw in full flaps. I loved that view. I started flying the CTLS for my young son that could not see out the front of a 172.

The CT might look weird but the viz out the cockpit is almost bubble canopy heli. Especially if you throw in full flaps. I loved that view. I started flying the CTLS for my young son that could not see out the front of a 172.

True, the CT has amazing visibility. The CTSW doesn't have the rear quarter windows that the CTLS has, so over-the-shoulder visibility is not as good, but the side window is so large I have not found it problematic. Here's a video I took that gives an idea of the visibility:

http://youtu.be/TjVyVY7yF3k

To be more on topic, Tim's bird has been very well taken care of, whoever buys it is going to be getting a GREAT airplane.

True, the CT has amazing visibility. The CTSW doesn't have the rear quarter windows that the CTLS has, so over-the-shoulder visibility is not as good, but the side window is so large I have not found it problematic. Here's a video I took that gives an idea of the visibility:

http://youtu.be/TjVyVY7yF3k

To be more on topic, Tim's bird has been very well taken care of, whoever buys it is going to be getting a GREAT airplane.

Yes, that captures the viz factor. Very nice. The fellow that owned the FBO that closed up marketed the CT to the Caribbean and routinely flew his CTLS to Puerto Rico, Jamaica, you name it.

Last edited:
How can you be considering buying a CTSW? Don't you know they have a fatal design flaw, in that the engine quits running when it has no fuel? :D

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64383

That is true...I was going to sell mine about that, but I decided to keep it and pay close attention to the fuel level. It's a PITA to have to monitor fuel state, but I want to make sure that flaw doesn't get me too. ;)

That is true...I was going to sell mine about that, but I decided to keep it and pay close attention to the fuel level. It's a PITA to have to monitor fuel state, but I want to make sure that flaw doesn't get me too. ;)

Sure, you probably just kept it so you can share in his massive class-action lawsuit proceeds. ;)

I've always thought, well actually speculated that the funny egg shape might provide a bit more protection and preserve the cabin integrity in a crash.

Back