2000 HP .... (sigh)

woodchucker

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
woodchucker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veBLPWiYoOU

:mad2::mad2:

Once during a training flight in the 180 hp skything, a pair of F16s overflew us. Got a bit of wobble in their wake turbulence. Sometimes I wish I had followed an alternate career path. Is being jealous a sin?

On the bright side, in your current occupation, I'm guessing that no one is shooting at you.

When i was a diver working in the GOM the F-15's would be out by us practicing their dog fighting skills but would always make a slow low pass to check us out.

I lived by the base in Louisiana and the pilots would be at the bar on occasion, quite a few of them would be a bit jealous of my career and wanted to talk about it but I wanted to talk about the F-15 and how lucky they were. I get a chuckle about it now but I have always been ion awe of those guys.

On the bright side, in your current occupation, I'm guessing that no one is shooting at you.

I'd imagine going up against some goat farmers in the Middle East in your F16 is about as dangerous as getting drunk on a TJ bar.

Don't be jealous. As an active pilot in the US or Canada, you are one of 0.2% of the population. One in 500 people. Very privileged even by North American standards, and unbelievably privileged by world standards.

I'd imagine going up against some goat farmers in the Middle East in your F16 is about as dangerous as getting drunk on a TJ bar.

You should probably read Viper Pilot. Those "goat farmers" have some pretty sophisticated SAM systems.

Back