2000 Cessna Skyhawk 172SP

saracelica

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
saracelica
Hi -
Where would go to get a factory replacement of the POH for the 2000 Cessna Skyhawk 172SP. It appears the one that came with the airplane had a rendezvous with a commercial grade lawn mower (I don't think it saw it coming) so hence we need a new one. Anyone know where to start? Phone number or website would be most excellent!

A Cessna service center or some Cessna pilot centers have them.

If it's the one from the airplane, talk to your A&P... you'll need to get a reprint from Cessna - it's specific to your serial number. And you'll need to get a regeneration of the W&B.

If it's generic, you can get them from pretty much any FBO or service center

It is the one for the airplane. A&P huh. Argh.

HE'd be the best one - whoever is most familiar with the airplane. You can't fly the airplane until it's replaced. It's one of the AROW items.

I don't know the airplane history, was it a rental? Somebody might have a copy?

The key thing is the reprint of the manual for the serial number, plus any STCs added later, and the W&B.

I believe my flight school always copied the unique parts of the AFM for every fleet airplane so it was easy to reassemble.

I hope R&W or other A&Ps chime in... I'm pretty sure I have this right but there are probably nuances.

Last edited:
HE'd be the best one - whoever is most familiar with the airplane. You can't fly the airplane until it's replaced. It's one of the AROW items.

The key thing is the reprint of the manual for the serial number, plus any STCs added later, and the W&B.

I believe my flight school always copied the unique parts of the AFM for every fleet airplane so it was easy to reassemble.

I hope R&W or other A&Ps chime in... I'm pretty sure I have this right but there are probably nuances.

You got it, just did this actually, OEM POH was so out of date they wouldn't sell us all the revisions we needed. .4AMU

It's one of the clubs airplane and no there is no copy of it. Guess we'll be calling Cessna Service center about how to get a replacement. That dumb airplane has been in maintenance since December of last year. If it's not one thing it's something else. :(

OK... just be sure not to fly in the airplane ... are they sure the manual isn't in the shop somewhere, or do they know it was destroyed?

OK... just be sure not to fly in the airplane ... are they sure the manual isn't in the shop somewhere, or do they know it was destroyed?

I believe she said its in little bitty pieces in the runway grass due to a lawnmower strike. ;)

I believe she said its in little bitty pieces in the runway grass due to a lawnmower strike. ;)
Many of the pages are destroyed. The book is thinner then it was before (only was able to retrieve some of the pages) The plane has been taken off line - yet again.

The theory is that someone had the POH outside set it on the tail and forgot and then took off hence launching it into the field. Then some over zealous worker went and did his job and boom good bye POH.

The real question is why did anyone move the POH out from behind the seat!

Well somebody may have used it for the detailed checklists or system descriptions. Lots of reasons to pull it out and use it.

But, anyway, good luck on getting it replaced. Would be nice if you could lay the cost (which will be a few hundred bucks or so) on the person who didn't maintain custody of the manual.

Would be nice if you could lay the cost (which will be a few hundred bucks or so) on the person who didn't maintain custody of the manual.
Yes it would. The two people that had it "recently" deny taking it out of it's spot.

Can one make a photocopy of the manual, keep that in the plane and the original in a safe place and meet AROW?

(I did that with my previous ARROW)

Back