$200 ANR, $75 PNR Headsets

poadeleted21

Touchdown! Greaser!
Anybody interested? I'd need to order 5-10 to get them at that price, Chinese built and a gamble on quality, never seen em sold in the US before. I have a boss who does business in china and says the company seem legit.
Need to order 5-10 to make the SWIFT and shipping costs make sense ($85 bucks to get them here). I have 2 sets of A20s and a back up DC H10-30, I could use a spare set or two to hand to the kids I fly from time to time and not be putting A20s in 7 year old hands. I have some brochures. Just a wild idea I have and gauging interest. I could front the money to get them here but just gauging interest.

i'm interested. please tell me where I can find the brochure.
Bob

Attached, I can probably get the Passive headsets in a little cheaper than 75 after looking at my quote.

Attachments

• ANRAH-2000.pdf
    391.3 KB · Views: 50
  • AH-2000-new.pdf
    492.2 KB · Views: 23
Hell, you could buy the ANR headset and if it doesn't work you could trade it in for $250 towards a zulu2.

Spend $40 more and get the AvShop unbranded-Lightspeed ANRs, then you'll have support and known quality....

Flyin' aint cheap, and buying cheap Chinese made crap with horrible English manuals and no support isn't my idea of fun. When a low quality headset battery pack explodes in IMC because it was made by the lowest factory bid without regard to name brand, that might hurt.

Regards,
Mike

Or you can buy some mint used David Clarks from me for less than $200 each. Then you will have quality and will be quieter than that cheap Anr. The $1000 anr's and not really any quieter than a top of the line passive. Heck I tried the new $1200 Bose a20 in my pitts and it wouldn't even work. Just buzzed and popped. Bose told me they were not made for high noise. Lol! What the hell are they made for then? The dc's work awesome. The cheap anr's are horrible. Tried the lightspeed qfr anr's before. Sent them back after 1 flight. You can't beat quality. I sell used dc's daily, let me know if I can help.

Or you can buy some mint used David Clarks from me for less than $200 each. Then you will have quality and will be quieter than that cheap Anr. The $1000 anr's and not really any quieter than a top of the line passive. Heck I tried the new $1200 Bose a20 in my pitts and it wouldn't even work. Just buzzed and popped. Bose told me they were not made for high noise. Lol! What the hell are they made for then? The dc's work awesome. The cheap anr's are horrible. Tried the lightspeed qfr anr's before. Sent them back after 1 flight. You can't beat quality. I sell used dc's daily, let me know if I can help.

My Zulus beat the hell out of my old DC 10-13.4s. No comparison.

There is some truth to that! I posted elsewhere that PNR headsets did a MUCH better job of attenuation than did my ANRs in a T-34. for the Cherokee however I prefer the ANRs.

Interesting. I tried the Bose X, Zulu's and Zulu II's on the way to, from and at OSH last summer trying to see if something was quieter than the LS QFR ANR's in my Sonex. Previously I had borrowed a friends ANR DC (not sure of model).

Nothing was as quiet as the LS QFR ANR's (with the gel ear seals). Even the the DC's clamping my head like it would help if my eyeballs bulged out, they were not as quiet.

Actually, they aren't even the LS - they are rebranded from Tina's Pilot shop in TX. Cheap as you'd believe, and so far the best for noise reduction in noisy cockpits. I also use them in a Super Cub with door and windows open towing gliders. Again, DC, and the rest don't hold a candle. I don't believe any of the DC, PNR or ANR have the noise reduction of the old LS QFR PNR's (which is the basis for their QFR ANR).

I'm just surprised at your comment, as it is opposite of my experience. I'd encourage anyone to try the QFR ANR's in a loud cockpit.

Tim

Not associated with DC, LS, Bose, etc. Just flies in loud cockpits.

Back