2 years

Feels good doesn't it? Don't let the majic go away!

Everytime I pull back on the stick and the plane lifts off I feel giddy and cannot believe I am getting to do this! I hope the feeling never goes away for you too Brook!

I have now been a private pilot for 2 entire years, and I'm still smiling. GIGGITY!!!!!! :D

Have you thought up reasons to fly?

When I finally got my PPL after the years of pain, I really had to think about what I was supposed to do now. :D

Thank you guys. Man...I still can't believe it's been 2 years.

And remember the landing?

To this day I haven't had a landing this good. I had one close at KSEE (Gilespie Field) in San Diego, but almost.

No surprise! That smile is a permanent thing :D
It's been 39 years since I got my private in a glider. I'm still giddy about flying.

Everytime I pull back on the stick and the plane lifts off I feel giddy and cannot believe I am getting to do this! I hope the feeling never goes away for you too Brook!

Yeah, what he said...:D
It's true; it always strikes me at least once per flight: "This is awesome!!"

CONGRATS!! Time flys when your having fun.....always fun to watch solo video's and read the write ups, it never gets old.

I hope you have more flying in 2 years than I do in 16 :(

Throw in a 15yr hiatus :)

I have now been a private pilot for 2 entire years, and I'm still smiling. GIGGITY!!!!!! :D

Keep an aviation goal in the back of your head, and work on it when you can. Look for a "mission" or "goal" for your flying enthusiasim. I have seen alot of pilots fade away after the fun of the $100 hamber wears off. IFR ticket, acrobatics, glider rating, tail wheel endorsement, how many airports can you do a T&G in your state in a day, ect. See how many different planes you can fly, and get some left or right seat time in.

I'm with Scott, everytime I open the hanger I smile. I can't believe how luck I am to be able to fly. :)

Last edited:
I was almost ready for my IR checkride then life happened. :( Hopefully I will finish next year. :)

Thank you everyone.

Back