2 steps ahead!

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
What a difference a day makes. Back up today, and no problem with staying 2 steps ahead of the airplane. :D

So of course, the CFI made sure to keep it entertaining. At one point, I told ATC that the evil instructor said I had to do the full ILS approach with procedure turn. And then he makes me hand fly the darn thing, well only the inbound course. We'd been told that the new goodies with the AP would fly an ILS procedure turn by itself. Almost did, except it wanted to do a parallel entry, not a teardrop. And that was not the right choice!

And then the evil one makes me hand fly the GPS WAAS approach. Now what is up with that!?!?! Here the owner spends a whole bunch of money so the plane will fly itself, and I have to hand fly....:p

Obviously, I had fun today, and I'm much for comfortable with the new panel. Before flying, I really looked over the nose gear area, as did the CFI, and found nothing amiss. And the gear behaved itself perfectly.

Fly again tomorrow. Finish up a couple more items for the IPC, and the VFR work for the flight review, and I'll be good to go again.

Back