2 Field Trips to JFK Airport on 2 separate days!!! Youtube Links

N918KT

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
KT
I am president of the AAAE club (American Association of Airport Executives) at my college.

On April 12th, the AAAE Club along with my professor's aviation class, went to JFK Airport to visit Terminal 4 (International Arrivals Terminal). We even went into the IAT ramp operations center in the control tower (but not in the control tower room with ATC).

The AAAE club and my professor's aviation class also went to JFK Airport again on April 26 to visit the Port Authority building and get a presentation on JFK's airport planning. We also took a bus around the airside of the terminal and got real close to some planes.

Here's the link to those 2 videos. Hope you enjoy it!!!

April 12 JFK Terminal 4 (International Arrivals Terminal)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdqETwskIXY

April 26 Tour around JFK Airport's airside area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYvDciCJXUE

Looks like a lot of people not paying attention to the guy talking.

I stay away from hub airports.

Since you asked, I going to give you some advice that perhaps your professor failed to share with you.

By the time you're in college, site visits (field trips are for kids) are a learning opportunity. This is the time to hone your professionalism. Turn off the phone, the gadgets, and pay attention to your hosts and ask questions. If, at the end of the session there is an opportunity, ask if it is ok to snap a few photos. The pictures will be more interesting than any shaky movie you take.

And don't forget to send thank you cards to your hosts. They appreciate that. I agree that it's cool to see the inner workings of an airport up close, but you should have your notebook out taking notes, rather than gawking with your iPhone.

Last edited:
If you are going to video someone during a presentation, you should do it with their permission, discreetly, and in a way that is unobtrusive. You know, like this:

camera.jpg

Since you asked, I going to give you some advice that perhaps your professor failed to share with you.

By the time you're in college, site visits (field trips are for kids) are a learning opportunity. This is the time to hone your profesionalism. Turn off the phone, the gadgets, and pay attention to your hosts and ask questions. If, at the end of the session there is an opportunity, ask if it is ok to snap a few photos. The pictures will be more interesting than any shaky movie you take.

And don't forget to send thank you cards to your hosts. They appreciate that. I agree that it's cool to see the inner workings of an airport up close, but you should have your notebook out taking notes, rather than gawking with your iPhone.

Thanks for the advice Brad! In the most recent trip (the April 26th trip) the part that was not filmed was the Powerpoint presentation in the Port Authority Building on JFK's airport planning. I did ask several questions about the presentation. As for thanking the hosts, I had an idea and my professor thought it was a great idea to thank the hosts in my video and send them the links to my video.

Last edited:
If you are going to video someone during a presentation, you should do it with their permission, discreetly, and in a way that is unobtrusive. You know, like this:

camera.jpg

I had permission from both the professor and the hosts to record a video during both trips. Other students were also recording a video as well.

I had permission from both the professor and the hosts to record a video during both trips. Other students were also recording a video as well.

Doesn't mean it's professional.

Thanks for the advice Brad! In the most recent trip (the April 26th trip) the part that was not filmed was the Powerpoint presentation in the Port Authority Building on JFK's airport planning. I did ask several questions about the presentation. As for thanking the hosts, I had an idea and my professor thought it was a great idea to thank the hosts in my video and send them the links to my video.

A simple thank you card mailed through the good 'ol fashion USPS would be the most appropriate and appreciated. Videos take too much time to load and watch, and you can't pin it up on your office wall.

By the time you're in college, site visits (field trips are for kids) are a learning opportunity. This is the time to hone your professionalism. Turn off the phone, the gadgets, and pay attention to your hosts and ask questions. If, at the end of the session there is an opportunity, ask if it is ok to snap a few photos. The pictures will be more interesting than any shaky movie you take.

It's what our generation would do, but notes are old-school. There are no better notes than video.

In fact, there are often no better classes on classic topics than video... With access to a teacher afterward for questions.

This threatens a lot of lecturers. Doesn't he eaten true teachers much, but lectures will disappear in a few more generations as a novelty. Why stand in front of a room and rattle off the same thing you said last year?

Back