1D2 Canton-Plymouth Mettetal

PPC1052

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
PPC
Any pirep for this airport? In particular, how hard would it be to get an Uber ride from here to Livonia and back for on a weekday? I may have to go there next week. Thanks in advance.

i live north of there (Rochester Hills), and can’t imagine you would have any problems getting an Uber to Livonia.
Just be proficient operating out of a 2300 ft runway. :cool:

i live north of there (Rochester Hills), and can’t imagine you would have any problems getting an Uber to Livonia.
Just be proficient operating out of a 2300 ft runway. :cool:
Small world. I’ve got some family that lives off 24 and Dequindre, not far from Yates Cider Mill. Nice area - at least in the summer! ;)

I land there about once a year (family nearby)...last year, there were published noise abatement procedures...this year, I can't find them, and I just see a note that states: CALL AMGR FOR NOISE ABATEMENT PROCS.

You will have no problems with an Uber/Lift etc. The neighborhood is safe as well.

agree on getting the noise abatement not only so you know what to do, but to make sure someone doesn't startle you in the pattern. Otherwise you might make an azz out of yourself like a long ago prolific webboard participant.

As we are based at 1D2, we never use Uber - it shouldn’t be too big of an issue though.

There are some noise abatement procedures in place that are easy to follow (e.g. RW 18: no right turns and turn 145 degree as soon as feasible; RW 36: straight out until you reach a minimum altitude of 1500’). The 2300’ runway received a new coat last year. No touch and goes!

It’s a nice and relaxed airport. Let us know when you are in town.

Back