1C5: Clow, Bollingbrook, IL

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
I had the pleasure of finally stopping at this airport for a little visit. I had only been on the runway once before during the CONUS challenge. That was a Sunday and no one was around. But this time I was there to pick up a passenger and there were plenty of people as well as other friendly critters.

The airport is also home to well know PoA celebs, Grant and Leslie Prellwitz.

I arrived a little early for my passenger. After landing with a nice 20 knot crosswind on their runway 18 I got to practice my follow the yellow line skills on the narrow but adequate taxiway and parked right outside the FBO.

Once inside I used the most important piece of equipment at any FBO and enjoyed the sign on the door. It stated to be aware of Turbo or Jet upon one's exit from the loo. When I exited these mythical critters where no where to be seen, but evidence of their potential existence was everywhere in the form of toys and beds.

I took advantage of the lounge and marveled at the Frasca simulator while listening to the drone of a CFI giving his helicopter private student a simulated oral exam for an upcoming checkride. As I listened I soon was napping and upon my awakening I found that the mythical Jet was in fact real. He had found a comfortable location right on my lap. I felt obliged to pet him and he returned the favor by purring and getting even more comfortable.

It was then that I noticed that right next door to the FBO there was an eating established called Charlies. I had never heard of this place. I had thought I knew of all of the on airport eateries throughout the Chicago land area. I wondered how this place could have gone unnoticed. Could it be a conspiracy? Could it be that Leslie and Grant keep this place a secret so as to stop PoA people from suggesting it as a flying in destination and thus robbing them of their ability to fly somewhere for a PoA gathering? Or could it be something less nefarious ?? Maybe we will never know. But I for one will be back for a lunch visit soon!!

By this time Jet had become bored with me and he proceeded to the main office behind the counter where he oversaw the airport operations. Turbo was quick to fill in but only from the floor. Apparently his lap duty did not start for several more hours and I would just have to wait.

About that time my pax showed up and we departed. When I dropped him off later that day he snapped this picture of my departure.

1C5 a nice little airport. I hope to review the restaurant soon.

Attachments

• Scott Migaldi Piper Warrior.JPG
    Scott Migaldi Piper Warrior.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
I stopped there this fall to drop off an AF passenger and had lunch at Charlie's. Grant and Leslie were out of town at the time though. I did meet Turbo, a good sized grey cat who was sitting on a stool behind the FBO counter.

Back