1981 Cessna 172P, super low time

cbmontgo

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
cbmontgo
Hey guys,

I am selling this airplane for my dad; he has pretty much hung up flying and would like to pass it on. He is shooting for around $ 60K as far as price goes. This is probably the nicest 172P around. Has about 1440 on the airframe and 40 hours on the top end rebuild from 2008.

I have about 20 or 30 hours in this airplane and can attest that it flies as good as it looks.

Please email me at cbmontgo@yahoo.com with interest.

Here are the specs:

1981 172P, 1420TTSN, 160hp Lycoming 0-320-D2J recent Lycoming top overhaul, Garmin 396, (2) King KX155 NAV/COMS, King KI-208 NAV/Indicator, King KI-209 NAV/Indicator, King KMA-24 Audio Panel, KN64 DME, KT76a Transponder, Northstar M2 LORAN/GPS, EGT, Cessna 300 ADF, Power Flow Exhaust, Always hangared, NDH, Never a trainer, Excellent paint and Interior, Immaculately maintained. Purchased from Van Bortel.

Attachments

• 1 Cessna.jpg
    1 Cessna.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 182
  • 2 Cessna.jpg
    2 Cessna.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 203
  • 3 Cessna.jpg
    3 Cessna.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 4 Cessna.jpg
    4 Cessna.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 158
Great looking airplane. Where are you located? All logs complete, annuals, etc?

I also have some interest. Is the airplane in Colorado?

All logs, no damage history. I should have mentioned that the airplane is just outside of Jackson, Mississippi at John Bell Williams Airport (JVW, formerly M16).

He just had a new vacuum pump and exhaust baffle installed in it last month. Annual is current. I flew it about 3 hours last week.

Edit: forgot to mention that he is also throwing in 2 David Clark headsets with the Garmin 396.

Last edited:
Hi, Nice looking plane. Do you have some more pictures of the exterior? How long has your dad owned the plane and is there any loans outstanding?

Thanks

Colin.

Still interested.... but life and job intervened....

Running a small business can be both the most challenging and the most frustrating thing in your life..... too frequently at the same time!

Well, the guy just backed out today due to some "family issue" that came up (i.e. couldn't come up with the cash).

Plane is back up for sale as of this afternoon.

Plane is officially sold and gone now. I am gonna miss that bird.

Back