1980s Music

Been Listening to Falco again????

(warning Kenny, this video features scantily clad women :D)

Er war ein punker und er lebte in der grossen stadt.....

Funny, I was just in a store that was playing "Nobody Walks in LA" by Missing Persons. :D Even a lot of the fluff from the 80s was cool and edgy.

Hmmm....

I smell bait.

You'll get Scott on the hook, line and sinker with this thread.

Hmmm....

I smell bait.

You'll get Scott on the hook, line and sinker with this thread.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I love the 80's music! I lived in Europe during the early part of that decade and I really got into the music over there which was very much like the video above. Plus Howard Jones!! And a whole bunch of acts that never made it across the pond. When I came back to the US I was really surprised to 99 Red Balloons in English. I had only heard it as 99 Luftballoon in German.

A-ha, MWH, Howard Jones, "Flock of Cheesedogs"... meh. I'll admit I could tolerate Loverboy, and Pat Benatar, stuff like that... but for me, the top-drawer 80s stuff was less pop and more new wave... just about anything out of the UK was amazing at that time: English Beat, Joy Division, E.C. and the Attractions, for example.

And Talking Heads! Or Devo!! Devo was the greatest thing ever produced in Ohio...

I hear em comin can u hear em comin?
I see em comin can u see em comin?
I feel em comin gonna mess up the plumbing
It’s d-e-v-o from o-h-i-o
It’s d-e-v-o from o-h-i-o
I hear em comin can you see em comin?
I see em comin can you feel em comin?
Well keep on twitching
Gonna mutate the system

I really liked the punk, punk-pop, and punk-rock-new-wave stuff, too... a lot of stylistic boundaries were broken in the 80s.

Best thing about the 80s was that it was the perfect decade for people who couldn't dance. Anybody could pogo and still look cool. And the drunker you got, the better you danced. :D

Hey, there was some pretty good music in the 80's...

[ Well Kent i agree there was some good music in the 80's, but there was also good music in the 60's/70's/90's too.
And BTW Joan Jett could do anything she wants to my body, Damn she was HOT
Dave G

VanHalen baby!

Jump

Dreams

Hot for the Teacher

Panama

Could this be Love
:happydance:

Kent's video had some good stuff, but why did they include this?!?!?!?!

that's quite possibly the worst song of the 1980's

That was pretty good - I've always been a huge REO Speedwagon fan - God I'm a dinosaur.

I wonder how many of those bands would have been that popular without MTV?
Some, like REO, were out well before MTV - though Hi Infidelity was a huge smash thanks to MTV.

Thanks to all who contributed - some artists and ITunes are now a little richer, my iPod is a little fatter, and I'm a little poorer.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I love the 80's music! I lived in Europe during the early part of that decade and I really got into the music over there which was very much like the video above. Plus Howard Jones!! And a whole bunch of acts that never made it across the pond. When I came back to the US I was really surprised to 99 Red Balloons in English. I had only heard it as 99 Luftballoon in German.

I had the honor of living in Europe in the early 90s. Everything was exactly like Ace of Base. The girls would skip down the streets singing "All that She Wants" in broken English, and the fairs would play nothing by Ace of Base.

Not a pretty time for music in Europe. I wish I'd have been older when I was born in Germany in 1981. I would have probably enjoyed the music as much as you did, Scott.

I had the honor of living in Europe in the early 90s. Everything was exactly like Ace of Base. The girls would skip down the streets singing "All that She Wants" in broken English, and the fairs would play nothing by Ace of Base.

Not a pretty time for music in Europe. I wish I'd have been older when I was born in Germany in 1981. I would have probably enjoyed the music as much as you did, Scott.

Wll Nick I was born in Germany in '75, and had the dubious distinction of living through "Neue Deutsche Welle" (German New Wave), and while some of it was ok, there was a LOT of bad. I will be nice to you guys and not post some of the truly awful German music here :)

Spike embedding is quite easy simply wrap the following tags
HTML:
[MEDIA=youtube][/MEDIA]
around the part of the youtube URL after the = sign
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEfHW-6SX6U&feature=[B]rec-HM-r2[/B]

Correction. ;)

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[B]FEfHW-6SX6U[/B]&feature=rec-HM-r2

My rock err pop claim to fame is that I sang on stage with Katrina and the Waves before Walking on Sunshine was released. Katrina's dad worked on our airplane and I got to know her and the group when they were just a bar band. Within a year of me hanging out with them they hit the big time. I was probably holding them back :D:D:D

My rock err pop claim to fame is that I sang on stage with Katrina and the Waves before Walking on Sunshine was released. Katrina's dad worked on our airplane and I got to know her and the group when they were just a bar band. Within a year of me hanging out with them they hit the big time. I was probably holding them back :D:D:D

Katrina and the waves!

That song has to be up there with YMCA for "Most played" at theme parks and more minor league ball games,

Especially when you decided to break out the banjo and do a solo... :rofl:

Back