1966 C150F POH or info

NovemberZulu

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Zulu
Haven't been able to find much info about the 1966 C150F specifics online. Anyone have a resource? I think it's old enough that it doesn't have the standardized POH.

Been flying a C152 so I assume it is fairly similar, but would like to know the details and study up before I fly it. Looking for v speeds, emergency procedure checklists, cockpit layout, any quirks, etc.

If the manual is available online I would love to know where to find it.

Thanks!

PM sent.

Compared to the 152, the '66 150F has a little less power (100 hp vs. 110), but it's lighter, so it pretty much evens out. The cabin is 3" narrower, because the doors are flat, not bowed outward as they have been since the '67 model. The panel is old-school, but you don't need much to fly this kind of airplane anyway.

The seating position is a little more upright, which is more comfortable for me, anyway, and gives a better view over the panel.

Unlike the C-152's preselect flap switch, the C-150F has a simple toggle with no detents. You have to hold it for as long as you want the flap motor to run.

Otherwise, I think you'll feel right at home.

Last edited:
PM sent.

Thanks. I'm just nervous flying something new and having to relearn where things are. I know I'll feel better learning as much as I can before I get in the plane.

I fly a friend's 66 150 every once in awhile. Airspeed is in mph and the 150 has 40 degrees of flap compared to the 152. Fun if you know how to use them but a heck of a lot more drag than 30degrees. I also fly a 1946 85hp C140 and it outperforms the 150 in almost every category. So much for progress. Don

Don't try a go-around with 40deg flaps.

Should feel about the same because the gross weight is also 70 lbs lighter than the 152. The 150 I fly has about 30 lbs less full fuel payload than the 152 I used to rent so check weight and balance. With the 40 degrees flaps you can turn final at 1000 ft agl and land without slipping!

Last edited:
The '66 150F is exactly what I've been flying. It's a great, solid little airplane.

Not sure if you're up for purchasing, but I got my POH from mypilotstore.com Cost about 40 bucks if memory serves.

Back