For Sale: Aircraft 1946 Globe Swift

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
Posting for a friend who is an airline pilot and has one too many planes.

It has the Continental O300D engine, Fixed pitch prop, standard gear, new SkyTec starter and alternator. I know nothing about Swifts but this appears to be a really nice plane with great paint (I think it's better than the 8.5 that he gives it) and is generally well maintained and in good condition. Asking price and contact info below.

1946 GLOBE SWIFT

FOR SALE

N80971; SN 1164 Manufactured September 1946. 5570 TTAF, 45 SMOH, Annual Inspection Sept 2019.

• KING KMD150 Color Multifunction Display GPS
• KING KX155 NAV/COM w/ VOR/LOC/GS
• KING KT76A Transponder
• “Swiftronics” FC-100 Computerized Fuel Management System
• Cessna C-150 Seats
• Always hangered; Exterior @8.5-9, Interior @ 9-9.5
• All records SINCE NEW.
• Dual Stick Controls
• PTT and Electric Trim on pilot control stick
• “P-51” Door modifications
• 9.0 Gallon Auxiliary Tank

$65,000/OBO Contact David Simmons at (417) 664-2262 or at david.simmons053@gmail.com for details.

Swifts are mighty nice looking aircraft!
Indeed!

I know of another one on the other side of the state (near St. Louis) that's also for sale. Owned for 15 years (or so) by an A&P. Likely not as pretty as this one, but faster. Has a 180hp lycoming and CS prop. Trues out at about 140kts instead of 125 to 130kts like this one does. PM me if interested and I'll provide the contact info for that one.

Indeed!

I know of another one on the other side of the state (near St. Louis) that's also for sale. Owned for 15 years (or so) by an A&P. Likely not as pretty as this one, but faster. Has a 180hp lycoming and CS prop. Trues out at about 140kts instead of 125 to 130kts like this one does. PM me if interested and I'll provide the contact info for that one.

Thanks, but a share in one plane is enough. Like you, I'm in the shedding phase of life with respect to "stuff".

Slots on the leading edge of the wing? Interesting.... what does this add to the aerodynamic picture?

I have not flown one for 40 years, have a little over 100 hours in them. I can tell you they stall nice and you have aileron response in the stall.

Back