16th of 56, E14

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
San Juan Pueblo Airport (E14)

The San Juan Pueblo Airport, located about 3 nm north of Espanola, NM, is a great little airport with almost no traffic, ever. There are no services, and no FBO, no fuel, etc. But, there is a ramp and a road to the city of Espanola, if anyone ever actually wanted to visit the city.

What is Espanola known for? Heroin. Lots and lots of heroin. Espanola, NM is known as a major source of Heroin for the enitre United States, and one visit to the town will confirm this, with as many junkies as you'll see around.

Aside from the heroin, Espanola is a very pretty, old Mexican style town. Small Mexican restaurants and ice cream places line the main road that goes through town. If you plan on visiting, bring a bike with you though, because there is no easy way to get from the airport to the city.

There are two exits off the runway, both going into the apron area. There is also a dirt strip that runs perpendicular to the paved strip, but it looks to be in very shoddy condition. Unless the crosswinds are VERY strong, I would suggest sticking with the paved strip if you can.

This airport is not very difficult to get into or out of. The runway is long, the elevation is relatively low, and the runway is plenty wide. There is, however, a dip near the beginning of runway 34 that is not so easy to see from the air (but very easy to see when back taxiing for takeoff).

Overall, this is a nice stop for a quick bathroom break (for males, obviously), and thats about it, unless you have a bike and want to score some H :D

Videos:
1) Approach and Landing, Runway 34

Pictures:
1) My Plane on the ramp at San Juan Pueblo.
2) My plane on the ramp, other direction

SAN JUAN PUEBLO QUICK FACTS:
Airport Elevation: 5790 Ft
Runways 16/34: 5000'x75ft, Asphalt in good Condition
Runways 6/24: 3100'x35ft, Dirt in Poor Condition (unofficially)
AWOS: Check Los Alamos AWOS on 124.175
UNICOM: 122.9
Nick's NOTAMS: Big dip near threshold of runway 34.

Attachments

• PlaneOnRampE14.JPG
    PlaneOnRampE14.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 20
  • PlaneOnRampE14(2).JPG
    PlaneOnRampE14(2).JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
So if you can figure it out so easily why hasn't DEA descended in droves on the town?

Nice landing, Nick. Ain't Cherokees great?

Keep it up.

I remember Espanola as the first place where I saw true low riders; that was in 1981, IIRC.

SCCutler said:
Nice landing, Nick. Ain't Cherokees great?

Keep it up.

I remember Espanola as the first place where I saw true low riders; that was in 1981, IIRC.

Yeah - the low riders are all over the place in Espanola! Btw - I am fairly proud of the landing. I carried a bit too much power too late into the approach, and floated a bit, but if you listen, you can hear the wheels squeak on touchdown.

:rollercoaster:

Back