$15.4 M to conquire MS. How awesome!!

hopefully it gets put to work to help people. starting in the mid 80's my dad started raising a lot of money for the state MS society through fundraisers at the bar. We often raised more money than any bar in the state. Then some local people got sick with MS and didn't get any help from the state MS society. So he started his own local charity and helps people out with direct cash donations to cover expenses related to degenerative diseases.

Ya know, you can say what you want about Bill Gates, but he has has spent WAYYY more than that on Malaria eradication and many other medical research funds.

Ya know, you can say what you want about Bill Gates, but he has has spent WAYYY more than that on Malaria eradication and many other medical research funds.
It's better than that, Henning.

Gates and his pal Buffet have formed a billionaires' club. OK, it is not really a club, just a pledge to donate big $. To date 40 billionaires have pledged to give at least half their fortune to charity either during their lives or through their wills.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/aug/4/billionaires-to-give-away-fortunes/

-Skip

hopefully it gets put to work to help people. starting in the mid 80's my dad started raising a lot of money for the state MS society through fundraisers at the bar. We often raised more money than any bar in the state. Then some local people got sick with MS and didn't get any help from the state MS society. So he started his own local charity and helps people out with direct cash donations to cover expenses related to degenerative diseases.

Tony thats a great thing your dad did. There is a charity here called the Kelly Ann Dolan Foundation that does just that. They help defray expenses of chronic and life threatening diseases. For example folks who are on Vents apparently need air that is cooler and with less moisture so they or their families have to run the AC 24/7 cranking up their electric bill. Those are the kinds of things folks don't think about.

yep he has paid a lot of gas bills, window A/C units, built wheelchair ramps, lift chairs, stuff like that.

my hometown is 90 miles from the nearest major hospital and even further to the university hospital at Iowa City where a lot of people get treatment for serious diseases.

Ex-cellent!

---

Ask Adam about Polio Plus...

Back